Ken Levine penned script for Big Daddy and Little Sister in PS All Stars: Battle Royale

The PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale team has revealed that Irrational Games creative director, Ken Levine, took responsibility for the script and dialogue of Big Daddy and Little Sister for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.

Speaking in an interview with Polygon, Superbot Entertainment director, Omar Kendall said, "We take this very seriously, and sometimes the IP holders know best, and obviously we want to present the characters in the best way for the developers and the fans," noting that Irrational creative director Ken Levine wrote the dialogue for the Big Daddy / Little Sister character.

According to Kendall, Levine "wrote every line of script and dialogue" for the pair.

Apparently each creator/studio had "complete, 100 percent approval" on their characters, including Sony owned studios, such as Naughty Dog.

Edited On 04 Oct, 2012

Comments
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Now thats dedication.
Shnoorum's avatar
I wonder who will handle the brilliant dialogue of Mr.Fortesque
Shnoorum 4 years ago
That's all very nice and all, but does anyone really care about the stories in fighting games?
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah, it hardly seems like an epic it terms of story. I wonder exactly how they'll handle all the story aspects
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Probably in the usual way fighting games do, a bunch of story threads that don't make much sense all tying up in to a finale that makes no sense whatsoever.
Shnoorum's avatar
It's funny, DOA5 tries to tie in a story mode that makes sense but the whole thing is completely ridiculous. I know developers probably want to evolve fighting games and make their stories worthwhile but in all seriousness, I dont think anyone really cares. The best way I think to deal with it is do the usual arcade mode that unlocks an ending thats unique for your character and doesnt necessarily have anything to do with story at all and puts it in a theatre mode that you can view whenever you like. It's tried and true, no need to fix whats not broken. Also gives you something to strive for in the single player modes
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I think DoA is one of the worst ones for story modes, not played DoA5 yet, but the one in Dimensions was a mess.
Shnoorum's avatar
Apparently according to my brother the new Mortal Kombat game does a good job of it. Honestly though, I couldn't care less. I've never bought a fighting game based solely on the story. I really do prefer the likes of Tekken where you can unlock bizzare endings that have nothing to do with anything at all. Thats much more fun
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LLOYD 4 years ago
This is a game i'm REALLY looking forward to, i've pre ordered and MY BODY IS READY!!
Shnoorum's avatar
It is looking pretty fun. I'm a big fan of SSB and I've always said the other companies should follow its example. Looking forward to this one. Playing Daniel Fortesque especially
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Have you tried the beta? It's amazingly fun! But i have to tell you now, it's only like smash bros in appearence, gameplay is completely different. Hope you're prepared for that!! I can't wait to get my hands on this game, tons of unlockables (such as character themes for your menus, new taunts, new costumes, possibly characters!) and there's still much more to be revealed before the game's release!!
LLOYD 4 years ago
Not being funny Lloyd, but you say it's completely different from Smash Bros and then list a load of ways in which it is exactly the same, plus it looks like an exact carbon copy from all the gameplay videos I've seen. I'm willing to accept there may be some small differences, but completely different, no way.
Unlockables can't be considered copying smash bros. Unlockables are in lots of fighting games. The game is smash bros in APPEARENCE ONLY. Trust me, i've played the beta a lot. All the rules are different, such as how you score points, you can't be knocked off stage and die, all characters are different (obviously), moves (obviously) and stages (obviously) You can't tell me anything that's a copy of smash bros apart form its a 2d mascot brawler.
LLOYD 4 years ago
Obviously it's not an exact copy, otherwise Nintendo would sue their asses off for using their IP's, but the concept is identical, the move sets look very very similar, and varied game types isn't exactly new, Smash Bros had game types where you carry on after getting knocked off a stage. The more you say about it, the more it sounds incredibly similar rather than completely different.
Well, when you play, you will understand I think. Maybe i am being biased unintentionally because i fell in love with the game after playing the beta. :P
LLOYD 4 years ago
Nijogi's avatar
I don't think your being biased LLOYD I played the beta too, and I also tried the latest build at the EGXP and I urge you to try the game out before you write it off. If you try to play PSASBR like smash bros you will get your ass handed to you as it plays very differently and there is this focus of always being on the offensive when playing a match.
Nijogi 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
@LLOYD I actually haven't seen enough gameplay footage to make the comparisin when it comes to mechanics. I just see it as Sonys SSB because of all the different sony characters fighting in the same game. I sadly missed the beta but will probably pick it up when it comes out anyways. Heard only good things so far
Shnoorum 4 years ago
@Shnoorum trust me you will enjoy it. I don't know if there are plans for a demo but perhaps there will be and you can experience it for yourself. I've been looking forward to it since the game was announced (or leaked, actually) and i've supported it all the way. It's my most anticipated game of the year!
LLOYD 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I like the optimism. Most people just look down on these type games but rarely give them the chance. I'm quite looking forward to it. I hope there is a demo. Think I'm sold either way but I'd quite like to give it an early go either way
Shnoorum 4 years ago