Nintendo confirms Pikachu and White 3DS XL for Europe

Nintendo has confirmed in its latest broadcast that it will release 'limited quantities' of its Pikachu 3DS XL in Europe, as well as a limited edition White 3DS XL which will come with a pre-installed copy of Mario Kart 7.

Also confirmed was the release date for Paper Mario: Sticker Star, which will arrive in Europe on December 7, while Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 were also confirmed as now being available on the 3DS Store.

There was plenty more mentioned in the broadcast too, including a sequel to Pullblox. Check out the entire thing here.

Edited On 05 Oct, 2012

Comments
I do wish Nintendo would just release all their designs at launch, I got a black 3DS, then they brought out the Mario red one, which I would have preferred, then they do the XL, and then another load of designs for that. Would make things so much simpler, I am resisting the urge to upgrade though, until they bring out the XL with the circle pad pro integrated, it's bound to happen, just a matter of time.
Shnoorum's avatar
I know what you mean. It's never been enough to make me upgrade but in the case of the regular DS the later designs were way ahead of my clunky old blue one. Atleast I haven't got a 3DS yet so now I have some options
Shnoorum 4 years ago
damatman's avatar
In a sense I completely agree with you. Had I known that Nintendo were going to release an XL I would have never have bought my Ice White 3DS. From a marketing standpoint Nintendo are sadistic geniuses though. Release 3DS -> release Zelda 3DS -> release Mario 3DS -> release 3DS XL -> release Pikachu 3DS. Some people just want to catch them all (sorry).
damatman 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I would be all over the Pikachu one if it wasn't for the fact I'm a 24 year old male and I'm fairly certain that would attract attention of the bad kind. Piakchu is manly damnit!
Maybe you should get one of those Pikachu onesies to go with it ;)
Shnoorum's avatar
While it's tempting It would probably be too much work keeping all the women at bay
Shnoorum 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
There are only about a million better Pokemon. Shame its always the yellow plonker that gets the fame.
I thought there was only 250 odd in total, and judging by the free pokedex I got with my 3DS the majority of them look ridiculous.
Shnoorum's avatar
While the yellow plonker isn't my favourite, he's definately iconic to the series. I'd like to see a Farfetched DS myself. A duck wielding a leek. That is good character design right there. The original 150 will allways be the best. The newer designs are lacking in something.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I never really liked nintendo except for the pokemon games. I loved the first 150 pokemon, I also thought the 2nd 100 pokemon presnt in gold silver and crystal were a bonus. The next 100 or so were decent at best and then they just got worse from there :(. Ice cream pokemon -.- Or the pokemon that starts out as a candle and evolves into a lamp and then into a chandelier. *facepalm*
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I don't dislike the new ones bt they just dont compare. To be fair on that Pokemon though, that is quite the accurate representation of the evolution of lighting fixtures. Can't imagine a chandelier being all that mobile though...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LLOYD 4 years ago
For europe? rare. Usually Japan keeps all these limited edition stuff to themselves. it's very cute though.. always had a thing for pikachu :D
Nijogi's avatar
Nijogi 4 years ago
I had the special pikachu gameboy colour back in the day, I feel like I must own this as well
Allan 4 years ago
My girlfriend really wants the Pikachu 3DSXL, but unfortunately neither of us can afford to get it since it's due out before Christmas :(