Skyrim Heathfire arrives on PC; still no sign of PS3 version

Bethedsa has released Skyrim Hearthfire on Steam, although the PS3 version still seems to be missing in action.

Speaking on twitter, as spotted by Eurogamer, Bethesda?s Pete Hines has said that in the case of the PS3 version  "The performance isn?t good enough in all cases. For most folks, it?d be fine. For some, it wouldn?t be."

Although he did add that "We?re still on it. Will share update when I have one."

That it seems was not enough for some PS3 fans, with one in particular saying that Hines and his company should stop blaming PS3 and Sony, to which he responded, "We?ve never blamed anyone or anything. It?s our problem, and it?s on us to solve it."

Given the information above, it seems like we'll be waiting a while yet before this DLC arrives on the PS3. The question has to be though, with all the new releases and Xmas rush coming up, does anyone still care?

Let us know your thoughts below.

Edited On 05 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I hope all the PS3 owners aren't getting their hopes up. I'm sorry to say it but It really does look doubtfull they'll ever see it
TNK's avatar
TNK 4 years ago
Bethesda don't care about the PS3 or it's users. Clearly. they'll be taught a lesson with their next release. They can stick Dishonored where the sun doesn't shine, frankly. No, we don't have 'a right' to DLC but games these days are released with a promise of DLC as an accepted norm. Can't code? Don't release for the platform then. I personally suspect that Bethesda knew of the problems all along before they even released the game, keeping quiet all the while so as to maximise sales. Their inability to produce a quality product for Sony's flagship was apparent when the patches for Skyrim were so slow to appear.
hallben's avatar
Communication has been there biggest fault so far. Also the pressure to release a title across platforms. In a previous generation if they didnt have the skill or ability to develop on a challenging platform they would have scrapped dev before release. Now thats not really an option and it left them in a sticky place. I do however think that not purchasing potentially amazing games in the future due to one bad experience is foolhardy.
hallben 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
As has been stated, I suspect we shall never see any DLC for the PS3 version. The system architecture just seems to be working against them.
I find this quite confusing, surely for the most part the DLC is just data, a load of variables like character appearances, positions, dialogue, quest fulfilment conditions, item locations and whatnot that the game engine processes. Even if the game engines for different platforms are drastically differently coded the data involved would be the same, wouldn't it?
Shnoorum's avatar
You would think so but the PS3 has been labeled notoriosly hard to work with and Bethesda I guess jst aren't up to the task. Hopefully they'll get it sorted though, as doubtfull as it looks
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I know it has been said it's difficult to code for, and it is often used as a reason/excuse why the PS3 releases of some multiplatform games are obviously inferior, but it's like 5 years old now, they should have gotten their heads round it by now.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I, for one, no longer care. I love vampires, and thought I would really enjoy this DLC. I think it would be great if a future Bethesda game gives vampires and werewolves and the like a lot more attention. Anyway I have decided to build myself a gaming PC (not because of skyrim) and now I won't have to wait in vain, hoping for a DLC that may or may not actually arrive. This trouble and lack of communication has lowered some of my expectations in Bethesda, I really hope they try that much harder on their next game to try and win back some of their fans.
Shnoorum's avatar
To be honest I only bought Hearthfie out of the 2 DLC's to begin with. Vampires do nothing for me. It will be tough for them to win back fans but I'd say it would be silly to miss out on their games if they ever become good at making PS3 games
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
The only reason I want hearthfire is so I can turn my spouse into a vampire mwuahahaha. In the future I'll probably only buy Bethesda games on PC. Cheaper and Mods. Win :D.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Thats my plan too. If I can ever afford a proper gaming desktop that is.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I'm saving up now. Should have one in a few months time.
Konakona 4 years ago
karlosswan's avatar
karlosswan 4 years ago
It's annoying but unfortunate. I played sky rim to death and persevered through the dark lag filled times! Would love to play these but all the new games between now and Xmas means sky rim won't get a look in so this dlc won't bother me much