Call of Duty: Declassified has no zombies

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified will not include a Zombie mode, due to the developers wanting to concentrate on the multiplayer side.

Activision rep Dan Amrich confirmed the news, stating that the prioritization of multiplayer was more important.

"That makes sense to me," said Amrich. "This is the first Call of Duty game on Vita, and it needs to deliver on its core strengths - arguably, multiplayer gaming with twin-stick controls in a portable format. That's the core experience, and that simply needs to come first.

"There's always a list of things you want to do and things you need to do, and at the end of the day, realistic goals are the ones that people actually attain."

Unfortunately, those who have seen Declassified so far have not been impressed, although hopefully that will change by the time the game gets here.

"Declassified will offer a Hostiles Mode, which challenges you to defeat waves of enemies, but alas, those enemies are not shambling corpses," added Amrich.

Are you excited for Call of Duty on Vita?

Thanks, CVG.

Edited On 08 Oct, 2012

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
This seems to get more disappointing by the day I am not sure why they want to concentrate on multiplayer. I have a vita and not bothered by multiplayer for multiplayer I will use my xbox or PS3
JoeToots's avatar
isn't the multiplayer only 4v4 or something?
JoeToots 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Really wasn't keen on the zombie modes of COD. There wasn't any impact when you shot the zombies, a lot of the time there was no way to know if you even hit them which made it feel almost glitchy to me
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
im not to suprised about this the whole ps vita and the games seem to be abit off a flop.
I thought zombies were one of the most popular things about the Treyarch CoD games, not including them seems a bit silly, especially when they are including a similar mode, just without the zombies.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah everyone I know loves it. I really couldnt get into it though
Shnoorum 4 years ago
damatman's avatar
A lot of people buy Black Ops games (and World at War) PURELY for the zombie mode. It seems like a bad move to not have zombies within the game. It also doesn't help that the game looks a bit bland and only has 4 v 4 multiplayer. Here was me hoping that Call of Duty would deliver the definitive FPS on Vita. All hope rests with Killzone.
damatman 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I wonder if they realised how a game mode that was just an unlockable for completing the game would take off like this.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
well since Zombies is a Treyarch game mode and Declassified is being made by Nihilistic (I think) I saw this coming
damatman's avatar
Surely Treyarch would benefit from having zombies in Nihilistic's game because it would carry on what people recognise from their brand. Treyarch might look bad if Nihilistic develops a bad game despite having nothing to do with it.
damatman 4 years ago
That is true
hairyfingernail's avatar
hairyfingernail 4 years ago
After burning skies surely things can only get better! Hopefully there's a demo. Zombies isn't my favourite mode anyway so that makes no difference.
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
I was never interested in CoD for PS Vita but it should speak volumes about the CoD series that the only reason a vast majority of people buy the games any more is for one of two game modes: multiplayer or Zombies mode. Why pay upwards of £30-40 for that game when you can have DayZ for free or The Walking Dead for a fraction of the price? If it's zombies you want, you needn't pay over the odds for a quality zombie game.
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
The only reason I've kept any of the CoD games is because of zombies.
Allan 4 years ago
Doesn't really affect me as I'll be buying for Xbox 360, but surely the multiplayer on Vita isn't going to be up to much? So zombies would have been a smarter choice, in my opinion.
Shnoorum's avatar
Apparently from what I hear the multiplayer is gonna be 4v4 so you raise a good point there. Still, I have no interest regardless. The console vesion just seems like the right choice
Shnoorum 4 years ago
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
This does seem like a strange decision since Zombies is a big part of the Treyarch CoD experience. Honestly I think zombies would have been an amazing fit for vita and I don't see how it would've been a huge amount of extra work. Even including things like, or something similar to, dead ops arcade. Top down twin stick zombie mode would be great fun on vita, stuff like super stardust already shows that twin stick shooter set ups work well. I'm still unconvinced with FPS games on vita though, Resistance was ok but there was a lot wrong with It I though, and the tiny sticks can make things difficult.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Is it just me that does not really see the appeal of FPS games on the vita? Dont get me wrong it could still be good but im more a fan of platform style games and rpgs on handheld systems would like to try a demo of it first though.
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
Definitely agree, resistance is the only one I've played and it was ok but the game needed a lot of auto aim to work with the sensitivity of the small sticks etc. The Vita should have more focus on small unique titles.
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I'm with you there. I bought 1 FPS on the PSP and wasn't very impressed
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I don't think FPS's are a very good fit for handhelds really, you really want an imerssive single player campaign or a comprehensive multiplayer experience, neither of which is going to work too well on any handheld. I think the only FPS I've ever seen on a handheld that was any good was Doom on the GBA, but that was a long time ago now.
Konakona's avatar
At least we no longer have to use "the claw".
Konakona 4 years ago
puggo's avatar
puggo 4 years ago
I wish the companies would stop adding these zombie side games. If you want a good zombie game there are plenty out there. Leave the modern shooters be just that.
creed95's avatar
creed95 4 years ago
i didnt expect it to have it, imagine having a full game of zombies on a small handheld, although i feel it woud be brilliant, i still dont think its achievable
Konakona's avatar
They were able to release WaW Nazi zombies on an Ipod, It would be easily achievable with the Vita.
Konakona 4 years ago