Latest UK Gaming Charts, week ending Oct 7: FIFA stays top

EA's FIFA 13 has managed to stay top of the charts this week, despite strong competition from Capcom's Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil 6 was actually the fourth biggest launch of 2012, despite reviews being of a mixed variety.

Elsewhere this week, Borderlands 2 lands in third and Just Dance 4 debuts at four, while
F1 2012, NBA 2K13, Rocksmith, Skyrim, PES 2013 and Sleeping Dogs make up the top ten.

You can see the full top 20 below.

UK Top 20 Charts - w/e October 7

1. FIFA 13 EA SPORTS
2. RESIDENT EVIL 6 CAPCOM
3. BORDERLANDS 2 2K GAMES
4. JUST DANCE 4 UBISOFT
5. F1 2012 CODEMASTERS
6. NBA 2K13 2K SPORTS
7. ROCKSMITH UBISOFT
8. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
9. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 KONAMI
10. SLEEPING DOGS SQUARE ENIX
11. FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 MICROSOFT
12. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 NINTENDO
13. GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION SONY COMPUTER ENT.
14. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
15. LITTLEBIGPLANET PS VITA SONY COMPUTER ENT.
16. DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION DEEP SILVER
17. ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY ACTIVISION
18. DARKSIDERS II THQ
19. MAX PAYNE 3 ROCKSTAR
20. WORLD OF WARCRAFT: MISTS OF PANDARIA BLIZZARD

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 08 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Whoo! Borderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs still rocking it in the top 20!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
There always seems to be one game every week that makes you wonder why thats there. This week is Forza 4 seems strange seeing it has been out a year and new one out soon.
Shnoorum's avatar
I was quite suprised to see Max Payne there. It's a really good game but it's been out ages aswell
Shnoorum 4 years ago
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
good to see FIFA rocking the top spot still, should hopefully be ordering my copy from you guys at the end of the week.
damatman's avatar
damatman 4 years ago
I'm pleasently surprised to see Rocksmith at 7th. I imported it a few months ago and it has really helped me get to grips with guitar. Hopefully a lot of other UK consumers are getting their rock fill now.
Shnoorum's avatar
Been considering that one. If I ever get round to buying a guitar its an almost definite purchase
Shnoorum 4 years ago
What's more surprising is it's held that place for 2 weeks in a row. I didn't really expect it to chart at all, given that it's a very niche game, but to see it in the top 10 for two weeks running gives me hope that not all gamers buy the same recycled games year after year without any thought.
Shnoorum's avatar
But the you look at the list and see the likes of Just Dance beating Skyrim and a little part of you dies inside
Shnoorum 4 years ago
If Just Dance 4 and Skyrim were both released at the same time I would agree with you. But there's still a good amount of quality games up there, even if the casual market does get the majority of the sales.
Shnoorum's avatar
Fair point. I do however remember the charts being ruled by Carnival Games for the Wii. Was a very depressing time for us UK gamers
Shnoorum 4 years ago
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
Glad to see sleeping dogs going so strong what a good game that is!
BRENDAN 4 years ago
Great to see Sleeping Dogs holding it's place in the chart, great game. I think FIFA will be top for a few more weeks.
puggo's avatar
puggo 4 years ago
Look at the amount of games in that chart that are sequels. Does the gaming industry need new fresh ideas or are consumers happy to have new games churned out every year when the majority of the new releases should be DLC at best?
puggo's avatar
puggo 4 years ago
Apologies for the few news articles where I've posted 2-3 times, having problems with shopto at the minute.
Don't worry about it, there's a recurring glitch with the comments which mean we've all double or triple posted at least once. They are going to be adding the ability to delete our posts, so we can clean up after ourselves later.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Who actually buys football games every year? It's a total waste of money. I went in to Granger Games and bought FIFA 10 for 1 pound! Happy to see skyrim still holding it's own. I wonder what sort of changes there will be in the next few months time.
Who buys football games every year, people who watch football on TV. It's quite sad really, a bunch of overpaid idiots getting so much attention for chasing a ball around.
Shnoorum's avatar
In the UK almost everyone seems to play Fifa. I work at Tescos and the amont of copies I put through on the release date was insane. I didn't mind however as there were plenty of copies of Borderlands 2 left for me (not that I bought more than 1) because of their huge oversight
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Well you could ask them same about COD but I know its just cos some people like the safe bet they know what they're getting so I assume its the same with FIFA
Konakona's avatar
he difference is with COD, there are two separate teams that work on the games; Infinity Ward and Treyarc. And each Team releases a game every two years, so at least the games are having quite a lot of effort put into them. However Fifa games are made and released once every year, with only updated teams and a couple of other differences added to the game. It's daylight robbery.
Konakona 4 years ago
It's not that much of a difference, the Treyarch and IW CoDs have little to no differences between them gameplay wise.
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
I can relate in a way. It's really not the same playing the old F1 games with really out of date drivers for example. I only use that since it's the only sport type game I get yearly. I'd imagine it's the same with Fifa if I played it I'd probably get it each year, and they do add various improvements etc, even if small. Anyway they release sports and CoD games yearly because of the massive demand, and people will buy in droves. With any game though I don't think it's fair to assume someone is wasting their money. If some loves fifa and gets that much fun out of playing a new version each year then It's a good thing.
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Yes but if that is the case then they should offer yearly DLC packs to update the players, then every 3 years or so update the game mechanics. That seems much more efficient to me.
Konakona 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Really? I've always found the Treyarc games to be much more enjoyable. I've been playing black ops since it's release and I'm only starting to get bored in the wake of Balck ops 2. My brother bought MW3 and my total experience was playing the survival mode until I reached the maximum level and then getting bored of the game.
Konakona's avatar
oopsie I meant to reply ^_^U
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I personally think COD is kind of one of those rehashed series. I admit I do play them as the online is still really good fun but still there haven't been any huge changes in them for quite a while now. I tend to feel like a sucker every time I hand over the cash for them
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Thats why I only buy them once every two years. By the end of the 2nd year I start to miss cod and want a new game :P
Konakona 4 years ago
Really don't know why waiting an extra year make any difference, it's still the same game whoever made it.
Konakona's avatar
All my friends will buy it, which means lots of co-op. I love zombies. Treyarc is a better dev team than IW. Idk, I just really enjoy the 3arc games.
Konakona 4 years ago
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
With CoD too I can understand, sometimes people do like just more of the same, If you love and play CoD that much then after a year you'd be ready for something fresh, even if it is mostly visual. The Treyarch and IW ones may not be hugely different but they are different enough imo, better than 1 team doing it all anyway since each game gets a 2 year dev cycle.
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I'd say spacing out COD is pretty sensible. Not only will they be slightly cheaper you dont get overwhelmed by it. I never did that so I'm pretty much all COD'd out
Shnoorum 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Skyrim is doing excellent to be in eighth spot despite releasing last year.
hairyfingernail's avatar
hairyfingernail 4 years ago
No surprises there really. Rocksmith being the only one I didn't expect to see.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Sorry about being Off-Topic but I have a question. On the website it states that Silver and Gold members can have "special prices" for things. Which I imagine is a small discount of certain items. However I cannot find a list of items which are discounted or any symbol or anything to say what has been discounted. Nor does it say anywhere on the website how to find these items. Once again, sorry for off topic :). (As a suggestion maybe you should add a suggestions/questions forum to the website.)
Might be to do with the reward points you get on pre orders, maybe higher levels get more points.
Shnoorum's avatar
I often wondered the same thing. I'm assuming they're probably mixed in with the other deals but of course I couldn't confirm that
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I see Angry Birds trilogy is in the charts - anybody played it yet? Worth the cash? Does it bring anything new and exciting to the series?
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
The only games i can see knocking FIFA off at the top of the perch are Halo 4 and Black ops 2. even then i can see FIFA being in the top 5 for a good few months! and also good to see Borderlands 2 up there, great game..
Shnoorum's avatar
I hope Dishonored moves it off of there. It cetainly sounds deserving of the 1st place
Shnoorum 4 years ago
creed95's avatar
creed95 4 years ago
FIFA 13 is a good game but i still feel they could have improved a lot more. everytime time they improve something they must purposely put a new fault in so they have something to improve for next years title
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
No real surprises with Fifa on top and Resi up there too. Glad Borderlands 2 is still going strong though. I little surprised to see Rocksmith and Skyrim seem to be doing pretty well too but definitely nice to see.
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
Resident Evil 6 beats Borderlands 2?!? NOOOO Skyrim still doing good =D WoW: MoP slight expect it a bit higher, but oh well
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Props to Dead Island as well, one of the most underrated games of recent times. If you like Borderlands (1 or 2) it's well worth a go on this. Forget all the rubbish said about the trailer, this is a great game in it's own right.
Shnoorum's avatar
I played it for a good while but I felt the skill trees were a bit meh. Especially the jack of all trades guy. He couldn't master anything even if you wanted him too. Instead he just had half of this and half of that
Shnoorum 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Surprised to see Forza still doig well. I though that game died out ages a go. Is there a sale going that I don't know about?
karlosswan's avatar