Guardians of Middle-earth dated for PSN and retail

Guardians of Middle-earth will be available at retailer on December 7, with a digital version arriving on December 4, publisher Warner Bros has announced today.

The digital versions will be available for ?11.99 on PSN at the above date, with an Xbox LIVE version arriving at later. Post-launch, extensive downloadable content will also be available digitally, and can be purchased via Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network individually or as a Season Pass.

Guardians of Middle-earth will also be available at select UK retailers for ?24.99 with pre-paid, discounted access to the digital content offered post-launch, along with PSN vouchers equal in value to the full game, plus the Season Pass of downloadable content. Digital content will consist of game maps, one bonus gameplay mode and several additional good and evil characters, some of which will be based on key characters in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture, which is set for release on December 14, 2012.

Edited On 08 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum 4 years ago
How have I not heard of this before? I'm a big fan of Middle-Earth and just about everything associated with it. This is rather good news. Now if only I had the memory for more downloadable games...
Shnoorum's avatar
Oh wait, the store version is disc based? Sorry just re-read that bit. I assumed it would be a download code like other PSN/Arcade games you can get at shops. Still, thats quite a price hike from the downloadable version...
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
This is a Lord of the Rings game? wow they're churning these games out by the bucket load. I still have War in the North sitting on my shelf!
Shnoorum's avatar
Funny you should say that, I just found my copy when going through a box of my old games
Oops, sorry no I didn't. I found Third Age. Getting mixed up now
Konakona's avatar
That's what I'm talking about haha! And I have third age too. Was one of the better games imo, unfortunately I got stuck at the part where you have to fight that ugly fat pink orc (that looks like sloth from the goonies). He just arrow barraged me. I eventually gave up on the game because of him :'(
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I cant remember where I got. Its been so long. Once I get a proper pad for my Xbox I'll have to give that another run
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I'll wait for some gameplay vids I have been burned by some Lord of the Rings games in the past so I'm wary.My personal fav is Return of the King
Konakona's avatar
I loved the two towers and return of the king! Lotr: Conquest was a dud though..
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Watched my brother play Conquest. Wasnt too impressed bt I'm not a big RTS player
Konakona's avatar
The worst part was they closed the online servers only about a year after they were opened. Luckily I got my online trophies for my platinum before it closed, but my brother wasn't so fortunate..
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Ah that sucks. I can get OCD with alot of things but I cooled down with trophies and achievements due to the fact I have an attention span of a goldfish. I think I've only fully done 3 games out of the many many games I own
Konakona's avatar
aha I'm on about 11 platinums xD.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Show off :P I have all achievements in Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 and all trophies for Tekken 6. Thats it. I should really remedy that
Konakona's avatar
I could never get past the train level on tekken :C
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
That took much grinding for better equipment and a few cheap(ish) tactics. I was determined though.
Konakona's avatar
I could've done it but my bro said he was selling it in a few days, so I just wanted to rush through and get *most* of the trophies before then... Shame I couldn't get the platinum though..
Konakona 4 years ago
Selling a Tekken game? Heresy! Love me some Tekken
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
omg omg i cant wait for this...
creed95's avatar
creed95 4 years ago
i love lord of the rings but i cant see this being a good game. they have in my opinion gone downhill since the movies finished
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Uh oh... looks like another Dungeon Hunter Alliance shovelware lootfest title in the making... there's been a lot of those the past year :/
Shnoorum's avatar
Who knows, maybe it'll be as good as Torchlight? Nah, doubt it. But still, I shall keep my eye on it. Who knows, could suprise us
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 4 years ago
So what type of game is it? Looks like hack and slash from the screenshot. Is it PS3 only or will Vita get a look in?
Shnoorum's avatar
It's labeled as a mulitplayer online battle arena game. For 360 and PS3 as a downloadable game. Apparently it will also have a retail vesion which sounds good if you'e willing to pay a bit extra with the promise of all tha DLC and jibbeish (if I read the news correctly anyways)
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
looks good, ill be looking forward to this game in the future
TheFlyingToaster's avatar
TheFlyingToaster 4 years ago
Kinda surprised this is the first I've heard of this game lol. I haven't really enjoyed a LotR game is ages :/ I played War in the North at my cousins and it was pretty decent though. I used to love those hack and slash ones on ps2 that went along side the movies though.
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
Looks potentially good but again with the waves of games that are coming out between now and next year I think I'll just wait until this is in the digital sales.