Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC bumped forward

Borderlands 2's, Gaige the Mechromancer DLC, has been bumped forward for an early release.

The DLC was originally due to be released on October 16, however it seems like it will now be released today.

"So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. October 9, all platforms," Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said via Twitter. "Should be available for download on all platforms by the end of the day."

The Mechromancer DLC is free if you pre-ordered Borderlands 2, although if you were late to the party then it'll cost $9.99/7.99 GBP/800 MS Points.

You can see the full skill tree for the Mechromancer here and read our review of Borderlands 2 here.

Edited On 09 Oct, 2012

Comments
vaile23's avatar
vaile23 4 years ago
only just got to level 15 with my zer0 character. may have to start over again with this character
karlosswan's avatar
karlosswan 4 years ago
Really want to try this bit don't know if I can be bothered to restart. Might try it on coop tho
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
ive not even got through the first borderlands GOTY! may wait till borderlands 2 GOTY is out really looking forward to playing the game..
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
will be downloading this asap! I'm also looking forward to see if they release any other character DLC's in the future like randy hinted at in a interview i read.
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
i may not have money yet, but i definitely getting this game =D
BRENDAN 4 years ago
Good to see it out, just need to finish off my Gunzerker though before I start out with this character.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
It's good that they done this nice to see stuff come out early rather than be delayed. Do hope they bring more characters out as they have set it up so its beneficial to have more than one.
Shnoorum's avatar
I was gobsmacked at their descision to do this. In a business where delays rule, it's nice to see a company actually release something earlier. Kudos to them. I hope it catches on
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Perhaps game devs will start announcing DLC a few months later than it's supposed to come out and then just saying "it's ready, here you go."
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Ah good point. Still, it would feel nice to get it early. Kind of early anyway...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Aha yeah. It would certainly feel better if they overestimated and gave it to us "early" than underestimated and then delaying it.
Konakona 4 years ago
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
I haven't even capped my first character yet but I'll be looking forward to trying out the Machromancer next it looks like.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Posted this last night. Sadly it got ignored :( Then again it was about 4am in the morning. Attempting to download her just now but the bar wont move for some annoying reason...
KakashiUK's avatar
KakashiUK 4 years ago
I have only just completed this as axel now I have to go all over again DAMN you borderlands 2!
Konakona's avatar
Without spoiling, can you tell me if the ending is any good? I was totally let down by the first games ending.
Konakona 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Do i download it from an in game menu? i got the premier edition so i dont have to pay for it.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah start the game up and the DLC menu should be highlighted. Its in there. Playing her right now, not yet lvl 10 but rushing on in there
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Ideal cheers, just downloading now. tempted to start her up now but im only bout level 28 on my Gunzerker character, so might finish the story with him first.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I take ages to complete things so I'm going for it now.I have 1 Zero and 1 Zerker both only in their 10's and I've already started a Mechromancer. I have no attention span at all. Probably have a Siren on the go in the next hour too. Oh well, I'm having fun regardless
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I completed borderlands 1 as a siren! :D Invisibility ftw!
Konakona 4 years ago
hairyfingernail's avatar
hairyfingernail 4 years ago
Still haven't got round to playing this game yet just sitting on the shelf taunting me. I blame LBP vita. it's nice to see the dlc coming out a week early though. good move from gearbox.
Shnoorum's avatar
I didn't open mine for a couple of days either. Was dedicated to completing the first games DLC beforehand. Dont think I've rushed through a video game as quick as I did for the last 3 DLC's. Totally worth it, number 2 is brilliant
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Sorry for posting here again but I'm having too much fun with this character. Anyone else know what build they're going for? I'm going for an Anarchy build with reicochet and quick reload. Gonna try and get hold of a machine gun with an amazing fire rate too. The bullets will be flying. If its as good as it sounds this will be by far the most glorius Boderlands charcter I've ever made!