EA Gothenburg hiring for new Need for Speed

Need for Speed: Most Wanted may not be released yet, however that hasn't stopped EA Gothenburg from posting up a job ad for the next game in the series.

A job listing on the studio?s career site mentions that the developer is looking for a lot of talent for the next game in the series.

"Would you like to be a part of EA? Would you like to work on a game in the Need for Speed franchise? You now have the opportunity to become a part of EA Gothenburg and fulfill those two wishes! We are hiring, and we are hiring a lot! To the right you will find what roles we?re currently looking to fill ? if you feel that any of descriptions match your profile, don?t hesitate: apply now!"

The Frostbite 2 Engine is mention in the job ad too, "EA Gothenburg is a new EA studio focusing on making a new generation of games on the Frostbite 2 engine."

Could this be the first next generation version of Need for Speed? Time will tell.

Edited On 09 Oct, 2012

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
would be good to see a need for speed game made on the frostbite 2 engine instead of just your generic shooters.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think that need for speed: the run used the frostbite engine, as it had the avalanche stages and a few other ones that had differing environments.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
karlosswan's avatar
karlosswan 4 years ago
Does this mean that criterion won't be doing the next one then?
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
oooh a next gen need for speed? that could be very interesting.
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
Unless it's a Criterion developed game, I won't be interested as they have done wonders for the series, it's just a shame that EA don't let them develop the series exclusively from now on.
Konakona's avatar
Look at the sign above all the cars. What does it say? :D
Konakona 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I'm actually looking forward to need for speed. As long as they don't make it like ridge racer anyway. The last decent racing game to be released imo was burnout: Paradise.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I loved burnout paradise. was easily one the most exciting car games out. Think they nailed it especially with all the co-op things you could do. Sucks that they never brought out a sequel.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Some of those challenges were brilliant fun. Like line up your friends and jump them all. I hope they make a sequel and keep all that in
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
That's one of the reasons I loved it! So much fun to play with friends, or even strangers. the standalone single player was also very entertaining. I've always loved burnout.
Konakona 4 years ago
I loved Burnout, but hated Paradise, they took the concept of open world racer too far with it. It might have worked better had they given you a better pointer where to go, but as it was it just got too confusing. I really hope Most Wanted 2 won't be following the same design.
Konakona's avatar
I played the game so much that I didn't need to look t the map very often, once you got used to the areas it was a lot easier! I found it fun that it wasn't linear and you could take any path you wanted. I did like the other burnout too however, I played through the psp ones, which were also great. As for most wanted, I'm hoping it can at least provide the same level of enjoyment as burnout did, and isn't just a cash-in from it's ps2 namesake.
Konakona 4 years ago