First image arrives for Black Ops 2, Nuketown 2025

Treyarch has given those anticipating Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 a first peak of Nuketown 2025 and it's perhaps not as futuristic as we were expecting.

Those who pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will once again visit the map on November 13.

It looks a little different doesn't it? What do you think?

Edited On 09 Oct, 2012

Comments
vaile23's avatar
vaile23 4 years ago
wonder if they've changed the layout at all.. i thought the map was brilliant, almost as good as shipment on COD4!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
I'm really looking forward to this game!
karlosswan's avatar
karlosswan 4 years ago
The first one was a great map for team play....very furious. Not preordering tho so shame ill miss it
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
i think I'm the only one who really, really, really didn't like this map haha i will be pre-ordering but not for the map.
puggo's avatar
puggo 4 years ago
I was never consistent on this map, always seemed to be near the top or at the bottom of the scoreboard.
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
It looks fairly similar to me, though I've never really been a huge COD fan, I'll be buying Black Ops II on release but only because it'll be cheap on release.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I hope its as fun as the first Nuketown. One of the best maps they ever made. Running around a speedy shotgun class was so much fun. It was small enough to bump into people left and right, if you were carefull you could rack up kills quick that way
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
Was by far thee best map of all the CoD games! Hopefully they maintain the close-quarters of the original!
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Looks very interesting! I'm looking forward to playing this map when the game arrives. I am so glad that they didn't upscale firing range, that map was so unbalanced it was unbelievable. Camping map if I ever saw one. I also hope the spawn points will be somewhat more random. The one problem with nuketown was if you split your team up (half on each side) you could easily spawn camp. :(
Shnoorum's avatar
True but I imagine it must be hard to balance out such a small map. I never minded too much, most people I played with were nice enough not to spawn camp.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
True enough. I didn't really get spawn camped on nuketown, but on firing range half the time I would die within two seconds of spawning. That really sucked.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I dont remember getting spawn camped in that map. I do remember being consistently terrible at it though. Never got my head round the layout. Still, I did enjoy the map anyways
Shnoorum 4 years ago
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
I think it's abundantly clear that CoD has run out of it's own ideas. They seem to be borrowing heavily from Fallout 3 in particular here, especially when you consider the fact that the device on one's arm is quite similar to a Pip Boy and that art direction is very, very similar to that of Fallout. I'm surprised they haven't called the map The Capital Wasteland. The main character's name is a too similar to the main character from Red Faction Guerilla (Alex Mason, Alec Mason). The walkers look like the mechs from Mechwarrior. I was interested in BLOPS II when they originally announced it at E3, hoping it'd be a dynamic enough shift into something different... turns out, I might be wrong.