Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition video shows off Wii U features

Warner Bros. and Rocksteady have released a new video showcasing some of the Wii U specific features of the upcoming caped crusader game, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition.

The WiiU gamepad gives the player instant access to the Batcomputer throughout the game, where you can do see and change weapon loadouts, map waypoints, enemy information, relevant skill trees and more.

Take a look for yourself in the trailer below:

Armored Edition is a newly updated version of 2011's smash hit - Batman: Arkham City only available on the Wii U as a launch title this November 30th.

Edited On 10 Oct, 2012

Comments
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Some cool features here. I can see the touch screen really adding something to games.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah so far all the uses I've seen are worthwhile. I hope it stays that way. It would be sad to see such a fancy piece of hardware being lumped as a gimmick
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Even if the only use it gets is to play games on when someone wants to use the TV that's still pretty worthwhile.
Shnoorum's avatar
I wonder how they'll pull it off since I've noticed some games like ZombiiU rely somewhat on the handheld being seperate to the actual game
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Yeah, it's obviously not going to work with some games where the second screen is integral to the gameplay. Still, it's going to be nice to be able to continue playing when my partner comes in and wants to watch Eastenders.
Shnoorum's avatar
It seems most seem to use it as main gameplay elements so I wonder if they're making a way around it or as you stated it just wont work. They havent really released much info as far as this is concerned...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Bruticus's avatar
Bruticus 4 years ago
That is pretty cool, shame you'll have to own a Wii U to use it.....
Don't think I'll be bothering with this, the extras are nice, but not enough to entice me to buy the same game twice. I didn't think it was that great the first time round really.
Gary 4 years ago
Already played this game on PC, so I can't see myself picking this up again. However, it's exciting to think about what devs can do with the Wii U tablet screen.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Batman games are way too overhyped. I got bored of Arkham Asylum after only playing through about half the game. Nothing made me want to buy the sequel either (only had the first game cause brother bought it). I think the Wii U is just a fancy way for Nintendo to have an un-necessary extra screen - like on the DS.
Totally agree with you about the Batman games, they were good, but not great, I think people just carried away because it was a superhero game that didn't suck. Can't agree with you about the Wii U though, the overwhelming success of the DS means plenty of people found the second screen necessary.
Konakona's avatar
It's not *really* necessary though.One screen is perfectly suitable for gaming.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
It isn't necessary but it has the potential to be a great idea. If yo ever played The Four Swords adventure multiplayer you'd know what I mean. Also, the DS really impressed me sometimes. Another Code was brilliant if anyone remember that. Some truely unique puzzles
Shnoorum 4 years ago
One screen is fine for some games, but as Nintendo have proven without a doubt some games work better with 2 screens, making the second screen necessary.
Shnoorum's avatar
Castlevania on the DS also works so much better with another screen for a minimap. Stopped me having to break up gameplay by going in and out of menus which made a huge difference
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Well I suppose, if you are developing games for a two-screen console though, It is to be assumed that it must be necessary xD. Personally Shnoorum, I like breaking up gameplay with looking at the map. I dislike breaking up the gameplay to look at moves though (like on fighting games). However if they made it more dynamic, it would be a lot more fun. Take skyrim for example, If your character pulled a map out of his pocket and studied it in real-time it would be a lot more immersive.
Konakona 4 years ago
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
like to get the Wii U, wondering if the competition, months back, announced the winners. couldn't find it. i would like to get this game for it
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Aww and here I was hoping you could dress Batman in a giant Bowser shell like in Tekken Tag 2. Honestly though some of those features were pretty cool. Not cool enough to get me to rebuy the game though
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
This is a WiiU must-have, in my opinion. It's this kind of innovative practice from Nintendo that shows just how much more you can get out of games that have already done well on the current generation of consoles. Changes the experience entirely.