Halo 4 launch trailer created by Hollywood

Microsoft and 343 Industries have lined up "Famed Hollywood Visionaries David Fincher and Tim Miller" to create the Halo 4 launch trailer.

According to a press release we've just been sent, Director David Fincher (Fight Club, The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Tim Miller (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) will both be involved, with the latter directing.

The extended two-minute trailer will make its world premiere during the 18th October episode of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" before the launch of "Halo 4" on 6th November. It will be available on Halo Waypoint and the Xbox YouTube channel immediately following the broadcast debut (around 6am BST).

"I?m excited about the opportunity to direct the 'Halo 4' launch trailer in creative partnership with 343 Industries and David Fincher," said Miller. "Halo is one of the most iconic sci-fi universes, with a depth that allows for amazingly cinematic and emotionally riveting stories. The chance to tell a story that explores never-before-seen facets of Master Chief's journey is an honor. Our goal is to deliver a blockbuster, Hollywood-quality trailer that raises the bar for the award-winning legacy of live-action 'Halo' storytelling and gets fans stoked for the return of Master Chief."

"As a studio, we're incredibly excited to be working with one of Hollywood?s most acclaimed directors and one of its top visual effects leads to bring our creative vision for the launch trailer to life," said 343 Industries? franchise development director Frank O?Connor. "Their involvement is a testament to the significance of 'Halo' as a pop culture touchstone, and we think fans are going to be blown away when they see the final piece."

Microsoft sure knows how to build hype for its games, let's just hope this particular title lives up to it.

Edited On 10 Oct, 2012

Comments
It'll take more than that to get me excited about Halo.
Joe2120's avatar
Ditto haha :D
Joe2120 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
That was actually a really good trailer. Seeing that it was all about the drama of marine life kind of took some of the wind out of its sails when I think back to all the times I've squished/blown them up/used them as bat throughout the entire halo series. Also it didn't quite beat the trailer for Reach with the jetpack Spartan
That wasn't the launch trailer, that's not out there till next Thursday.
Shnoorum's avatar
This isn't the launce traile or was the Reach trailer I'm on about not the launch trailer?I'm fairly certain the Reach one was on tv all the time leading up to its release. PS. Bait* not bat. Sorry my keyboard is awful.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Oh god, launch* trailer*. I really need to keep an eye on my comments
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
It seems a lot of the big games are making cinematic TV trailers now. I think the trailers have got better for video games recently. I dont like the trailer above I dont think it ever works when video games are transferred into real world.
Konakona's avatar
It does, but they need to hire the right people for the job and have a good budget to work with. I hear they don't plan on having David Hayter play snake if and when a Metal Gear Solid movie is released. Which is the worst thing they could decide. Hayter makes snake as a character, I don't think anyone else could do him justice.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Those are the kind of decisions that completely baffle me. Like the Legend of Chun Li. Had little to nothing in common with Street Fighter so why did they even bother calling it a Street Fighter movie? You cant take a member of The Black Eyed Peas, take his top off, give him a chrome metal mask, and then call him Vega. Baffles me...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Freddie Wong did a good video involving masterchief. you only need someone with a good voice as you'll never see his face. Makes stunt doubles easier too.
Konakona 4 years ago
Double A's avatar
Double A 4 years ago
They could have Riddley Scott directing it, doesn't affect the quality of the actual game and that's what matters. Will be interesting to see what they come up with though non the less.
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
if i manage to get a 360. i would definitely buy this, it looks so awesome
LFC Bywater's avatar
You should mate, halo's always been awesome. been playing it since i was like 11 lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago