Gaikai website relaunches, shows PlayStation products

Could Streaming service Gaikai has launched its new website, sporting images of Kratos, Helghast, Nathan Drake and more.

"As a new member of the Sony Computer Entertainment family, we're working even harder to ensure the world's best entertainment content is delivered instantly to you, no matter where you are in the world," says a note on the website.

"Truth is, the future has never looked brighter. We're working hard with Sony Computer Entertainment to advance our cloud gaming platform, and we can't wait to unveil the next generation of it to you."

There are so many possibilities when it comes to streaming for both Gaikai and PlayStation/Sony products. For example, as part of PlayStation Plus coming to Vita next month, we could realistically see older PS3 games streamed to the handheld, allowing you to play Uncharted 2 etc on your handheld. This could also work for PlayStation Plus on PS3, giving users instant access to a vast library of PS3 games.

The possibilities are quite exciting, so it'll be interesting to see how Sony utilizes this newly owned service going forward.

You can check out the new Gaikai site here.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Sounds interesting. I remember speaking to someone about this and they said it would be possible to try the next geneation on the current consoles so I hope at some point they release a little tester before the consoles arrive. I doubt it though
rjc's avatar
PS3 games on Vita would quite simply be amazing. The Vita's sales would pick up without a shadow of a doubt.
rjc 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I find it hard to believe that none of the current consoles have tapped into this market yet. If it is as good as it sounds the potential is astounding
Shnoorum 4 years ago
vaile23's avatar
vaile23 4 years ago
i wonder if Sony will put an app on the PS3 so you can use this service? that would be interesting, as would the subscription cost!
Stabber's avatar
hope the same also. love to try it out
Stabber 4 years ago
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
This is good news but a little vague, cancan't wait to see where it goes form here. PS link above doesn't exist for the site :-\ you say click here but there is no link
damatman's avatar
damatman 4 years ago
Although I really like the idea of streaming games, and have tried it a little bit with my OnLive box, I still don't think our internet speeds can cope with the sort of speed needed to stream games flawlessly. I can't wait to see this technology functioning better in a few years time though.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Sounds interesting! however my eyes turned to jelly when I read "Playstation plus -Vita -Next month" --> Happy ¦) Knew it was coming, but didn't know when. And as someone mention previously, the link is missing! :'C
wolverine77's avatar
Yep, great news for Vita users. Maybe with 4G networks, the speeds needed to play these games on the move are on the way?
wolverine77 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I may be wrong about this but I heard that you can't play games online with 3Gi, only social networking/internet etc. Unless they are planning to update that?
Konakona 4 years ago