CCP: Dust 514 will outlive PS3

Jonathan Lander, executive producer for EVE Online at CCP, has said in a new interview that he believe's the developers new FPS, Dust 514, will be around longer than the PS3 will.

"Our plan is that we want in another ten years to be having 'EVE is 20' and 'Dust is 10' [events]" he told GamesIndustry International.

"Our intention is this game [Dust 514] will continue to run and operate for many, many years"
"We've got a five-year road map with a whole load of things we'd love to put into Dust. We've got crazy ideas that will take us through another 20 years of development," promised Lander.

Lander also went on to praise Sony for the help and support it has given the developer in bringing this new free-to-play FPS to the PlayStation 3.

"We're working really, really hard with Sony right now on PlayStation 3 and just shipping the game on PlayStation 3, that's where 100 per cent of our focus is. But our intention is this game will continue to run and operate for many, many years."

Dust 514 is expected to launch soon.

You can check out the full interview with Jonathan Lander here.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I like the dedication. I haven't seen much of it at all. Gonna have to have a look
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
So this will be available on the PS4 then?
Shnoorum's avatar
From what I hear its a free to play downloadable game so it'll probably be easy enough for them to transfer it through to the next generations
Shnoorum 4 years ago
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
From what I've played of it, this has the potential to do what MAG should have and could have done. The potential this game has is staggering.
Shnoorum's avatar
I've read up on some of it and the cross play with Eve Online sounds awesome. I actually want to play Eve just so I can zap people playing Dust. I hope it lives up to expectations
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
this looks very interesting to try, hope a demos there to test out
KakashiUK's avatar
KakashiUK 4 years ago
I got to play the early beta and for me its just as confusing as EVE and if your not running it on HD you have no idea what the text is that's why I had to give it a miss I'm sad to say and I was really looking forward to it
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Looked generic when I downloaded the demo/beta. Brother said it was meant to be awesome, so I tried to play it. Then when I was loading up and tried to play it just kept saying there was a problem or something, ended up deleting after 20 minutes. If it's free I might give it another try when it's released.
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah it's worth a try atleast. If it's not a giant memory hog that is..
Shnoorum 4 years ago