Team Fortress 2: Mann vs Machine gets title update

Team Fortress 2 has had an update for its Mann Vs Machine mode, adding two new difficulty levels known as tours.

The new modes add in one harder and one easier difficulty. Each tour also has more loot, and we all love loot don't we!

In addition, the new update also allows you to cue for multiple matchmaking options for Mann Vs Machine and increases your ability to join a game. When the playlist first launched it took up to an hour to join a match and was very frustrating.

Mann Vs Machine pits teams against an ongoing horde of robots who's main goal is to plant a bomb in your base. If you haven't had a chance to play it yet, we'd highly recommend it.

Words by Craig Tester.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I've yet to even try the new styled Team Fortress, let alone Mann vs Machine . Last version I played they hadn't even introduced hats yet. Going to spend a good weekend of TF2 to catch up once I have a PC going again.
scourge's avatar
i haven't played TF2 in a few years either, my PC kinda blew up and I've yet to have the funds to replace it. It's definitely looking good though, i may try and upgrade this laptop to run it.
scourge 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I've never owned a good PC. The amount I played was afew games on a friends PC and a good few days worth put into the now destroyed Xbox360 version.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
scourge's avatar
the 360 version was alright but it couldn't hold a candle to the original PC version. tbh you don't really need a massively powerful PC to run it, as the games optimised quite well. you could run it with medium settings on one of today's standard PC's quite easily.
scourge 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
The 360 version was sadly all I had. Had a lot of fun while it lasted atleast. At the moment I use my fiances laptop so gaming is out of the question. Had plans in the pipeline for about 3 years now to get a powerfull gaming PC. Finally got rid of my overdraft this month so I finally have the potential to save. Hopefully have one the beginning of next year if all goes to plan
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
quite the same for me, I haven't tried mann vs machine yet, for my friends are playing other games or busy with University. like to get a team up with my mates
KakashiUK's avatar
I think Man V Machine is one of the best parts of TF it got most of my friends to play the game so they understood how the game worked and they were they interested in the main game as they did not have the pressure of real players they could just mow down bots and not think about it
KakashiUK 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I'm probably gonna use it to get myself somewhat trained in the game. I've only heard good things about it too so its something to look forward to
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Only ever play TF2 on the PS3 when I bought the orange box. The only things I remember was rocket jumping onto buildings, backstabbing people as the spy and the hilarious "MEEEDDIIIIC" shouts hahaha.
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Is it still free 2 Play on steam or is this version paid? I currently only own a craptop which struggles to run Windows so gaming on it is out the window :-D Might buy myself a gift and see what itsI like if its still free 2 play
scourge's avatar
yea it's still free to play, only thing that costs is special weapons, character appearance stuff and so on. good thing is though, there is a small chance a enemy will drop random items when you kill them.
scourge 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Thats what interests me the most about TF2 now. Loot! And hats! I have no idea what its all about but im looking forward to finding out
Shnoorum 4 years ago
jkrohn1's avatar
Looks like I need to buy a new laptop then TF2 on PC is great and as it's free on steam its a win win :-)
jkrohn1 4 years ago