PlayStation Store redesign next week, images inside

Sony has revealed PlayStation Store will be getting a complete overhaul of its digital store front, with the new design arriving as soon as Wednesday October 17.

Not only will the redesign bring a whole new look, but it'll also bring a host of new features including a new and improved smart search function, better filtering - now allowing you to filter by content type, price and even by peripheral support and Grouped content, bringing together all content for each title, all in one place.

PS Vita and PSP integration is also separated now, allowing you to browse the content which is relevant to you.

The movie store will also offer similar functions.

Apparently, the store has been redesigned to highlight popular games, as well as new and promoted content. Sony says that the pages scroll from left to right on a 'carousel set-up', allowing users to scroll through the content and find what they want.

Check out some images of the redesign below.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Hard to tell from pictures but I doubt it can get any worse. It's so slow and dissorganized in the current state. I found FFVII PS1 classic hidden in the DLC area for Dissidia once. Thats pretty bad
KakashiUK's avatar
There has been many a time in the store where it takes me ages to find an add on or a game. I agree with shnoorum this could not get any worse and this needed to be done years ago
KakashiUK 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Another thing I've noticed is sometimes they'll updatewith DLC for a game but not mention which game. Mystery DLC isn't something I'd like to get into
Shnoorum 4 years ago
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
PS Store and PSN in general are well overdue for a refresh. Like Shnoorum said, it can't get any worse considering the rocky history (PSN hack, system clock global lockout et al)
rjc's avatar
Looks better than the current store. Would of preferred a brighter colour but it's still very nice.
rjc 4 years ago
Rich_2's avatar
Rich_2 4 years ago
Kind of reminds me of steam big picture, which isn't a bad thing.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
What I want is the ability to search through my previously downloaded content. At the moment you have to scroll through all your digital content and when you have over 1000 bits of DLC etc like I do then this is unacceptable.
Shnoorum's avatar
Ah yes I've been there. Had to redownload a pack from a couple years ago. Was not fun tracking it down
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to stop and wait for everything to buffer every five seconds. I recently had this problem on PSVita when I was downloading some old PS1 games. I had to scroll through everything just to find a few select things. The ability to categorise would be much appreciated. And on-topic, the new design looks pretty stylish! Much befitted of my favourite console ;).
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah I though adding to basket would speed the process up. If anything it was slower. I do hope the redesign speeds it up a bit
Shnoorum 4 years ago
DubbleJd's avatar
DubbleJd 4 years ago
What i want is the option to change your psn ID, mine is so cringe worthy :/
warden976's avatar
would be great if they did that. when i bought my ps3 i already had a psp and i couldn't even use the same ID across the 2 devices at that point! had to set up a second one...
warden976 4 years ago
warden976's avatar
warden976 4 years ago
looks more like the xbox dash now
square_nine's avatar
That's what I thought too. It is better than the current/old one though.
square_nine 4 years ago
Somer's avatar
Somer 4 years ago
Xbox LIVE look-alike.
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
I've never owned a PS3 so I've never had to deal with the shocking PS store, this update will only make it better as i don't think it could get any worse.
hairyfingernail's avatar
hairyfingernail 4 years ago
I Like it! Glad to see the blue go never liked it.
Double A's avatar
Double A 4 years ago
Not too sure about the colour scheme from those pictures, hopefully it wont look as murky once its live. Pretty sure as most people have said the change is something everyone is happy to see.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Whatever happens, the American store will still be better. Always is
Shnoorum's avatar
I agree but thats because they have more PS1 games. They have Jumping Flash 2! Not fair!
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Too much black.I liked the blue colour scheme
clikR's avatar
clikR 4 years ago
As long as it is colour customisable im all happy for it, at least it would get some organisation and maybe even some thumbnail fixes :P
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Anything is better then the current EU store US store seems easier to use in comparison, this does look like the XBL menu, to be honest I kind of like the look but until we actually use it we can't judge. Or can we ;-)
jkrohn1's avatar
Can't believe they showed F1 2012 with the £50 price tag lol how off putting to non PS users
jkrohn1 4 years ago
square_nine's avatar
square_nine 4 years ago
What I don't like about current PSN Store offering ATM is the duplicated contents for example same item appearing both on New This Week and then in a sub-folder within. It is like both in the same navigational hierarchy. Annoying.
square_nine's avatar
square_nine 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah everything is just all over the place. Hopefully this update will be worthwhile. Like everyone else is saying, it does look quite a bit like the Xbox system which isn't bad
Shnoorum 4 years ago