Trophy support coming to PS Mobile

Sony has revealed that PlayStation Mobile will be getting trophy support in the future, along with online leaderboards.

Speaking in a recent interview with The Verge, Sony's Sarah Thompson confirmed that both features are on the way.

"It's coming," Thompson said "I couldn?t tell you what the timeline is on that, but those kinds of features are definitely in our purview. We are hearing the feedback, and we take everything from what the gamers are saying and what the developers are saying to heart. Trust me, it's a priority for us."

This is obviously brilliant news for the service and will no doubt boost sales of the bite sized games.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Thats pretty cool. I can be a sucker for trophies/achievements when they release fun and unique ones. Theres a good one in Sleeping Dogs that I shant ruin for people. I'm still waiting on MGS4 to get its trophy support. It'll give me a nice reason to do my 4th run through the game
mgs4 has got trophy support already, i know that an i aint got a ps3 lmao check youtube
anthony 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Huh, looks like it. Was waiting for one of the news sites that I frequent mentioned it to report when it was out. Derp. Oh well, I need to get my copy back from my brother then
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Just so you know, if you want the platinum it'll take a minimum of 7 play throughs. XD.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Thats a lot of playthroughs. Atleast by that point I should probably be able to afford all the guns...
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Lol you also need to obtain the Big Boss emblem ;D (Complete the game in under 5 and a half hours, with no special items; I.e bandana, stealth camo, no Alerts, No kills, and on the hardest difficulty.) Woohoo!
Konakona 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I like that Sony is getting into the mobile market, but it really surprises me the amount of people who waste money it. I could never justify paying for a game built on mobile hardware.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Some games arent bad, i have a windows phone and the games on there mainly cost around 79p which isnt bad. but you do get some that are around £5.99 so i stay away from those lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
There are some that interest me but not enough to invest in a mobile capable of playing them. I'll just stick to my consoles
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
i only pay £20 a month for my windows phone and it has all the mobile capabilties for the games. but i agree it has nothing on actually playing a console.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 4 years ago
Sony really need to concentrate on syncing thier hardware and this is a good move. But, if they really want a big share of the christmas market, they need to get remote play working NOW! Playing any of your PS3 games wherever there is an internet connection? Beats a mobile game store any day...
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
his is cool, i didn't know about this software. putting it on my phone now
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Damn I'm a suckered for trophies on my PS3 and achievements on my 360 getting them from Sony Mobile too :-) I think this will entice players to play more bits know I will
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I was under the impression some of these already had online leaderboards at least.