Borderlands 2 'Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty' to be released next week

The first major expansion for Borderlands 2 will be released on October 16.

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty will cost 800 Microsoft Points (around 7.99 GBP) and will bring extra missions which will take players to the bandit filled desert of Oasis (as rumoured yesterday).

"You can sense the pirate theme across the landscape, even though there's no water," Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford told Associated Press. "It's all dried up. It feels more like Tatooine than an ocean. "These bandits have really embraced the pirate lifestyle, and there's the legend of a treasure. That kicks off this whole adventure that the players can go on."

Captain Scarlett is the first of four DLC packs to be released for holders of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, although these will also be available to buy individually.

You can read our review for Borderlands 2 here.

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Wow that was fast. I figured it would be a good few months before it's release. Think I'll pick up the season pass once I get a full playthrough done
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh i thought it was pretty early to bring out the first major DLC. hopefully they do more than 4 DLC's though cus borderlands is awesome.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I agree. I heard that they want to add more characters which I'm really looking forward to. So much more potential than quest DLC
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh some new characters would be nice, ive only been using 2 atm, but tempted to start anohter save up as the mechromancer one. gunna be dissapointed if there isnt a claptrap with a pirates hat on though lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Mechromancer is great fun. Uses unique stacking skills. Haven't checked out many of the skills for her ability yet but the ones a saw looked pretty interesting. I think its a pretty safe bet claptrap will be dressed for the occasion
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
i hope he is lol, yeh i like that she has the robot thing aswell, reminds me of bloodwing that mordacai had in the original.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
He's been pretty usefull to me at level 13 and I haven't upgraded him at all so thats a good sign. Also usefull that he doesn't vanish when you're bleeding out
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Sounds awesome, gives me a week to finish up the campaign, and also a week to buy the season pass. i take it this isnt the DLC that will be raising the level cap
Smythe's avatar
Im not fussed either way about new levels, would give me another reason to play it since im already level 50, but i've already got the season pass so i'll be playing it anyway!
Smythe 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Raising the level cap would be quite nice. Not that I'm anywhere near level 50 but maybe someday I'll be able to make a character and do a full playthrough without distracting myself with a new character
Shnoorum 4 years ago
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
wow! that's early, good thing i finished the story last night.
It actually works out as £6.80, not £7.99. Probably pick it up once I've finished with the main game.
Joe2120's avatar
That would be better, we'll see, lets hope so :D
Joe2120 4 years ago
jkrohn1's avatar
Yeah I wanna get at least one play through done before I look at any DLC, I think this is a little to early for any DLC. It's not gonna expand the gaming life releasing DLC so fast it should be spread out.
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Ryan 4 years ago
I can't believe I still haven't brought this game yet! Apparently I'm missing out on quite an amazing game, will have to buy this as soon as possible!
Sorry about the double post! :)
Ryan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Dont worry, we're all double posting all over the place. If you liked Borderlands 1 you're sure to like this one. It keeps whats important to the series but improve upon it tons. Loving the new guns in particular
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I got a bit confused because I pressed post and didn't see it! XD And yeah I thought Borderlands 1 was great, I played it for so long because of all of it's content! Is the customisation still crazy? That's what I really loved most about BL1. :)
Ryan 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh you do need to buy this, with shopto u still get premium edition aswell i think which gives you the mechromancer character for free. if u've got friends that have this or are willing to get it then deffinatly buy this, as its brilliant when played co-operatively.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Customization like choosing your colors you mean? If so, you basically get a load of different color sets to choose from that change the colors of your whole body. You cant choose seperate parts anymore but I find this system much better. You can also change your head which actually changes it, not just the colors. You unlock more options thoughout the game by doing quests or just as loot.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Yeah, my friends keep bugging me to buy it so I can play it with them! And thank you for the information! :)
Ryan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
No problem :)
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Anytime bud, if u get stuck with any of the missions when u eventually do get it jus let me know and ill help you out.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Bit too soon to bring this DLC out I think but I am looking forward to it
LFC Bywater's avatar
aslong as there is a bit of a bigger gap between this one and the next i dont mind.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
If next DLC is a character I say the sooner the better. Can never have enough characters
Shnoorum 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Only makes sense to release the first batch of dlc before so many major titles are released. You wanna get in while the getting is good.
Shnoorum's avatar
I suppose there is that. I'm personally happy enough for an early release. Means I'll atleast have this ready for whenever I get round to finishing a playthrough. I'm mostly looking forward to more characters. Nothing officially annonced but they did mention they might make more
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think if they do release more characters it will be one of the final pieces of DLC. the way Gearbox will see it is that there is already a shed load of replayabiltity with the current 5 characters that they have at present.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah I suppose that makes sense. Still, glad to see anything made for this game. Having a blast so far
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LOUIS 4 years ago
yes now this is what i wanted bring on more borderlands 2 dlc please.