Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U trailer and pictures shows monsters being hunted in HD

Capcom has released a trailer showcasing some of the features available within the new Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which is heading to the Wii U and 3DS in March 2013. MH3 Ultimate is a new and expanded remake of Monster Hunter Tri originally released on Wii in 2010.

The game is playable for the first time at the New York Comic Con taking place from today until October 14th in the Big Apple. The new trailer for the game shows impressive connectivity with the 3DS that includes cross play and save game integration.

Take a look at the new trailer and screenshots below:

Edited On 11 Oct, 2012

Comments
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Oh my lord thats petty. I hope this time it breaks the UK market. Tri came close. My god this looks good!
Shnoorum's avatar
Argh! Pretty* both my R and U keys are a bit dodgy so I keep making typos :(
Shnoorum 4 years ago
It does look very nice! We need more Monster Hunter titles here in the UK!
Ryan 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I'm very angry that this isn't coming to PSVita. I really hope they change their minds or release a Vita exclusive version. I bought a digital copy of MH: Freedom Unite and loved it, however it wasn't really practical connecting the PSP/Vita up to the PS3 and using adhoc. So I was looking forward to the next monster hunter game which would no doubt have wifi multiplayer. I am really disappointed and sincerely hope the Vita get some MH action in the next year.
Shnoorum's avatar
I'm thinking it will. Handhelds are pretty big in Japan fom what I hear so it would be silly not to tap into that saying how big it is over there. Would certainly sell some Vitas
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
i thought that the vita would be the main console that Monster hunter would go for. im sure enough people will complain and they will make one for vita.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Never played a Monster Hunter game before, but this does look good, so I might have to give it a try, maybe even pick up the 3DS version too if I like the Wii U one.
Shnoorum's avatar
Tri is a good place to start. Seeing as this is a remake I'd imagine it's just as forgiving for new players as Tri is. Its gotten harder in the area I last played in but the tutorial areas helped me get to grip with the game alot.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Yeah, I almost bought Tri, as I was curious about it, probably better I didn't now this is coming along.
Konakona's avatar
I totally recommend playing. One of the better games I've had the pleasure to play. If you've played Dragon's Dogma, it's similar to that. If not, go buy Dragons Dogma!
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Oh yes, definately buy Dragons Dogma. My god is it good!
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Now you're putting me off it, I played Dragons Dogma, and wasn't impressed with it.
Shnoorum's avatar
Well gameplay wise they're both quite different. I'd say Dragons Dogmas combat is more fun. It would probably be a good idea to look up some videos on Monster Hunter as it is quite a strange one. Especially when it comes to controls
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Well I've got plenty of time to put some research in, I always do when I'm trying a franchise that's new to me, games are just too expensive these days to make impulse buys.
Konakona's avatar
Dragon's Dogma is one of my favourite games :o. It was after playing (and loving) it that I decided to go and buy Monster Hunter. Which is also a great game.
Konakona 4 years ago
Stabber's avatar
Stabber 4 years ago
the games looks so good, i never had the chance to get them. i might get the psp games sometime and if i get the Wii U i would pre-order this game
Shnoorum's avatar
I found the PSP ones much harder. They're still good but playing on your own atleast is a real challenge
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
You have to master the CLAW!
Konakona 4 years ago
By god that looks absolutely stunning
clikR's avatar
clikR 4 years ago
So it can be made too look amazing and perfect so just bring it to the xbox!! or at least allow the japanese version to be played worldwide...capcom is missinga point in the market here!!
Shnoorum's avatar
I wuld love it if they did but I doubt thats gonna happen at this point. I never played the multiplayer as I couldnt get to grips with the Wii's online system and the PSP can only play with people near by. Xbox live would be an easy enough to get a game going
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I'm sure it'll get ported over at some point, Capcom aren't ones to leave a franchise unmilked.
Konakona's avatar
Isn't the xbox doing badly in japan? I'm not sure if it'll make xbox. It might not even make the Vita. We'll have to wait and see.
Konakona 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Always found these games to be utterly tedious personally. Played the second PSP one and the Wii one and the grinding repetition got too much for me very quickly in both cases. I understand that this Wii U game is a HD upscaled port of the 3DS game... which was a downgraded port of the Wii game... Jesus, do Capcom actually make new games anymore?
Asura's Wrath and Dragons Dogma were both new this year.