Mass Effect 3 DLC - Omega gets release date and pricing

EA and Bioware have announced that the biggest and most expansive Mass Effect 3 DLC, Omega will launch on November 27th.

The single player campaign expansion launches on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will cost 1200 Microsoft points or around ?10. EU Playstation 3 ME3 players will likely see the DLC on Wednesday 28th November due to the PS Store updating on this day.

Bioware says the Omega DLC will be around "double the size" of the largest Mass Effect 3 DLC so far, which we believe means double the size of the Leviathan DLC that released earlier in the year.

The new single player expansion will see players team up with outlawed Omega ruler Aria T'loak to retake the Omega station back from Cerberus control. The story follows the ME3: Invasion prequel comics, which saw General Petrovsky move in and secure the station for the Illusive Man's evil grasp. Mass Effect 3 producer, Mike Gamble said that Petrovsky will feature in the Omega DLC and that were would be the first glimpse of a female Turian.

Edited On 12 Oct, 2012

Comments
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Hell yeah! Fantastic news. I've been wanting this since finishing the invasion comics ages a go. You can't get enough of Aria neither.
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 4 years ago
Ps3 dlc? Are you watching Bathesda?!
jkrohn1's avatar
lol
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Haha! Great news! Aria is a great character and I can't wait to help her destroy Cerberus! Loved Omega on ME2, and been itching to go back there. this is going to be sweet!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
i have no idea why but i have never played any mass effect. at some stage im gunna have to get all 3 cus i know that they are low priced now. i like how much DLC they are putting our for this aswell, shows that they are still interested in keeping the communtiy for this game going
Konakona's avatar
ME3 has had about 4 free multiplayer expansions :D. I have never played ME1, which you can buy for xbox or ps3. I started on ME2, which I recommend. Was a great game :).
Konakona 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
i think i will pick them up but wont be till early next year, just wont have the time to play them. they do look good though and i have heard alot of great things about them
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
They are releasing the Trilogy in one set for PC and Xbox on the 6th of November, and at a later date for PS3(Mainly due to them having to reprogramme the game for the Playstation 3) so you could pick them up that way, or if you are PS3, I'd suggest waiting till that day so you get to play the entire trilogy as it is definantely worth it. I'm a PS3 user but I had to get a loan of an XBOX/game just to play the first as the 2nd was so good and I'm glad I did.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I'd wait for the trilogy personally if you haven't played them before. ME3 has had the best DLC support so far. Free DLC is always a plus
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Christ, that pricing is a bit much . That's about half what it costs to download the full ME3 game off the PS Store :/
Shnoorum's avatar
Lets hope the content makes up for it. I'm sure it will. From what I hear its the last DLC pack so they'll want to go out with a bang
Shnoorum 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Last one already? That was quick. ME2 was still seeing DLC releases about 18 months after it came out.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I could be wrong. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Don't know If that includes multiplayer. To be fair though, theyve been pretty good with dlc for this game. Tons of free multilayer stuff, leviathon, from ashes, and omega
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Too much DLC to catch up with these days. Haven't even completed ME3. Been to busy with multiplayer
Konakona's avatar
I completed it, but never got around to completing the new ending. The ending that isn't just a different colour depending on your choice.
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Someday I'll complete it. My game collection has grown too much to keep up with current games, let alone my older collection
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Ryan 4 years ago
I was hoping Aria T'loak would play a bigger part in the main story, but she just sort of disappeared. It's good that they are expanding on the story some more. And a female Turian, I wonder what they look like! I guess they will probably release another DLC for multiplayer after this so people can play as a female Turian.
Shnoorum's avatar
I was actually just speaking about this to a friend earlier today. I thought shed play a bigger role but she really did just disappear. Maybe they had this dlc planned in the pipeline knowing fans liked her character
Shnoorum 4 years ago
That's what I was thinking. They probably had this DLC planned from the beginning. But I will still be buying it as I think Aria T'Loak is a very interesting character.
Ryan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Indeed. Also, the ability to revisit Omega is a definate plus. Probably my favourite Mass Effect location
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Yes, Omega is indeed awesome! One of my favorite places too!
Ryan 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Hope this DLC will be in the trilogy.
Shnoorum's avatar
They have a weird way of releasing dlc for the trilogy. Its different for every platform. Think I read it here, dont remember now. To put it blunt, doesn't sound like you'll get much with the trilogy
Shnoorum 4 years ago
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
I'm not one for Mass Effect DLC but when more details are released in might buy this one its sounds huge.
Shnoorum's avatar
I generally haven't been all that into the single player DLC for the Mass Effects but I adored Omega so this sounds like its gonna be an exception
Shnoorum 4 years ago
BRENDAN 4 years ago
Looking forward to this, need a reason to go back to Mass Effect 3, and this looks as though it will be really good fun.