Americans! Buy Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified and get CoD: Roads to Victory free

North American gamers who buy Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on the PS Vita will be lucky enough to get their hands on a previous entry in the series for free via a download code.

During an interview with Nihilistic Software CEO Robert Huebner, One of Swords learnt of the news that Call of Duty: Roads to Victory will be bundled in with every North American copy of the game via a downloadable PSN code. RtV was previously only playable on Sony's last portable console, PSP.

There's currently no word on if the same free game is planned to be released with the game, we'll have more news on this as we get it.

Thanks, Pastiebap.

Edited On 13 Oct, 2012

Comments
Enkeixpress's avatar
Enkeixpress 4 years ago
I wonder if EU/UK copies of the game have a code as well..? :P
Shnoorum's avatar
I doubt it. Theres no mention of it and I'd guess if we were gonna get it they would have said so then
Shnoorum 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
A 5 year old game, and a rubbish one at that. Why would this entice anyone to purchase declassified? Maybe they should give those that own both declassified and Black Ops 2 some extras for Black Ops 2 MP? Unless they're doing that already
clikR's avatar
clikR 4 years ago
shame its only for americans never gave this game a chance...saying that i doubt i would buy declassified anyway tbf but still FREE is FREE how can anyone complain.....
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Its awful being a gamer in the uk sometimes. I suppose it could be worse. We could live in australia. Poor australia...
LFC Bywater's avatar
i hear so many australians complaining and i dont blame them. i hear they have a lack of games, and sometimes they have to wait weeks and weeks more than we have to for games to get released.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
When they get the actual games, if they're adult games they get censored so bad. Left For Dead 2 is a good example. They didnt want to show the zombies being burnt to death so they cut the fire in but kept their animation in so basically you'll just see a bunch of zombies flailing their arms about for no apparent reason. Instead of showing their corpses (note they are zombies, this is a horribly pointless censorship) they actually vanish as soon as they hit the ground. It's completely ridiculous
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Buy a crap game, get an old crap game for free, they must be desperate.
jkrohn1's avatar
jkrohn1 4 years ago
Americans look see free and buy, this is the mentality over there, I once saw someone buy what looked like a lifetime supply of mac and cheese for a free bowl I said you must love it and he said he didn't actually like mac and cheese. This will entice and to buy it so chance are we won't get the same offer us bruts aren't that daft. Well most of us ;-)
Shnoorum's avatar
To be fair free stuff can be a very good incentive to buy something. Never buy anything you don't want of course but I received a free copy of the original Banjo Kazooie for buying Nuts and Bolts. Great deal and yes, I actually really enjoyed Nuts and Bolts. I wish more games would follow suit
Shnoorum 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Not great that only the US get it, it seems. Sort of ignoring the huge fanbase in Europe.
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
And once again, America gets special treatment.. Never heard of roads to victory, but it just sucks if Americans get something free with their purchase and Europeans get left out again.
Shnoorum's avatar
The worst things is when we dont get certain games all together. I reeeeally wish they'd get rid of region locked consoles. It's a horrible thing to do. You can use emulators but I hate trying to get those things running and most the times they dont work to begin with. Sorry, rant over
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I am not surprised
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
They say the best things in life are free, but i think call of duty: roads to victory is a strong argument against that! I can see why people would be annoyed though, is isnt fair for us and europe to constantly be left out of deals like this. if i remember right North America got a free deal with Guitar hero Van halen that europe missed out on aswell.
Shnoorum's avatar
I'm not too interested in trying it but still, why should we miss out? I think all regions should be treated equally. It's only fair
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Maybe you shouldn't think of it as 'missing out', but as 'being spared'. ;)
Shnoorum's avatar
Touche
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
lol, hearing about how bad it is, is making me want to actually try it out.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I thought the same thing about Megashark vs Giant Octopus, and it was really, really bad, but not so bad it was good.
Konakona's avatar
^ Like Resident Evil 1 voice acting. :D
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Resident Evil 1 was just awesome. That and Shenmue have some of my favourite voice acting just because they are so incredibly bad
Shnoorum 4 years ago