Street Fighter X Tekken Vita to launch with Cross-Link play

Street Fighter X Tekken will launch with Cross-Link play, allowing owners of both the PS3 and Vita versions of the game to use the Vita as a controller.

Anyone opting to play in this way will be able to use the touchscreen and rear touch panel in order to pull off fighting moves.

SFxT is out later early next month.

Edited On 14 Oct, 2012

Comments
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Good to see this. Hope more developers do it.
jkrohn1's avatar
Cross buy and crss linking is the future and will entice multi platform purchases, at least it will for me :-)
jkrohn1 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Are there any other games that have cross play implemented that aren't fighting games?
Konakona's avatar
I don't think so yet. AFAIK Sony are planning on implementing it into upcoming games.
Konakona 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Wipeout does.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I stand corrected!
Konakona 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Not a game I'll likely buy, but I'm glad to see cross-play making it's appearance. Would love to see more of this.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I've had the game before, was good, not great. I like the idea of cross linking, but the day ill be happy is if they somehow manage to cross platform so PS3 users can play xbox users. if im being honest though if i owned street fighter on PS3, i wouldnt see the point in going out and spending £35+ on it for the Vita.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I hope cross play starts being used kind of like the GBA/Gamecube. Would say its unlikely but Sony are, how shall we put it... Fans of Nintendo concepts ;)
Shnoorum 4 years ago
This doesn't sound like much to me, if you have both games you can use the Vita as a controller for the PS3 version, not much of an incentive to buy both games.
Datastatic's avatar
I am not sure that's what they meant. I think it means if you have the vita version you can compete against someone who has the PS 3 version. I know thats not what it says, but I think thats what it meant to say :)
Datastatic 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Think Datastics right. But still, meh. Really didnt get into the game. Suppose it shall please fans though so I cant really protest, not that Id have any reason to.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I was really dissapointed by this game. Capcom fighting games just dont do it for me anymore. Much more interested in Tekken X Street Fighter, whenever that actually happens :(
LFC Bywater's avatar
Tekken tag tournament 2 was good, im usually not into tag games, prefer 1 vs 1 but i really enjoyed it, maybe worth a try if u havent played it yet. and i do agree with you, i've always been more of a tekken man than a street fighter man. but Mortal Kombat over everything else :D
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Mortal Kombat! <3. And also I played Tekken Tag on the PS2, was a great game. Definitely going to buy the sequel when the price drops (£40 so not worth it on fighting games imo)
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
I loved old Mortal Kombat games but not huge on the newest one. Its good and everything but I only like playing as Kung Lao, cant get into any of the others. KonaKona, I would usually agree with you but Tekken Tag 2 was so worth the preorder. The amount of content in it is amazing. The characters are perfect aswell, theres not a single character I hate playing as.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
When it does drop in price make sure u do pick it up, has a lot of replayability. I really enjoyed the latest Mortal Kombat but i agree that the originals are awesome aswell. The thing i liked more about the most recent MK is the story mode, gave me a chance to have a good go with loads of the characters before i stepped online.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah I do admit it was a good game, it had solid mechanics but I just couldn't get into most the characters play styles. I have a blast with Kung Lao though. I will pick it up sometime and give it another go however because I'm sure I can learn to love it eventually. I also love unlocking things so yeah, that should keep me very happy
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Yep, will definitely be picking it up eventually, always loved Tekken games. However I still think they aren't worth pre-ordering. Fighting games are usually similar to their predecessors' and I can't afford paying so much on a game thats just so similar. I loved the MK storyline too, bought it on the Vita, great handheld purchase. Fights are usually quite quick. I like playing as Kratos, Raiden, Scorpion, Johnny Cage, and some of the others which I forget xD. (characters are more memorable on tekken.)
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Konakona, if you plan on getting a WiiU you may want to pick up Tekken Tag 2 on that. They have a bunch of awesome exclusive Nintendo themed costumes. I will be picking it up aswell whenever I get a WiiU. I don't know what it is about the characters. I just couldn't get into them. Even Kabal who has always been my favourite MK characters.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Not planning on it, but I'll bear it in mind!
Konakona 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Oh yeah you're more into Sony right? Sony is definately my default fighting game console. The Playstation controller is suited really well for them. Not that I can judge the Wii U at this point. You should check out the costumes on youtube though. Worth it to see Ganryu in a Bowser shell!
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Ahaha will do!
Konakona 4 years ago
Ryan 4 years ago
Street Fighter X Tekken isn't a game that I will probably buy, plus I think it's very hard to find a good fighting games these days. The only half decent one I like is SoulCalibur. But even that isn't great, Blazblue is also ok. But I like the idea of cross-play and I'd love to see it in more games and different genre's also, not just fighting games.
There's a lot of possibilities with handheld and console connectivity, the Gamecube and GBA had a couple of good ones, loved Pacman vs.
Shnoorum's avatar
Pacman vs? Is it an actual fighting games? Gonna have to research that one just now I think. I cant imagine a Pacman fighting game at all but it sounds awesome
Shnoorum 4 years ago
A pacman fighting game? Wow. I need to see this! It sounds cool! I have no clue how it would work though! :D
Ryan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Ryan, I just had a look. It seems to be regular Pacman but competitive. The area around your Pacman is darkened so you can only see the area directly around of you. I'm assuming with the GBA you can see yourself on it to stop screen watching? Either way, sadly not a fighting game but I read GLORIAS post wrong, sorry. Still looks like an interesting concept
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Ah right! Thanks for that Shnoorum, I thought a Pacman fighting game sounded a tad odd, but yeah, it does sound like a very interesting concept.
Ryan 4 years ago
Shnoorum's avatar
Yeah, fairly certain ir wouldn't work. Pacman hasn't exactly got a huge roster of characters. I could easily see pinky being overpowered anyway.
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I can't believe none of you have heard of Pacman Vs, it wasn't that long ago. Was great though, 3 players on the main screen playing as ghosts and only seeing their immediate surroundings whilst the player with the GBA got to play as Pacman and see the whole maze, was great fun.
Shnoorum's avatar
Is that how it worked? I saw the screenshots and thought it looked vaguely familiar. Sounds pretty cool. The best GBA crossplay multiplayers I ever played was definitely Zelda 4 Swords adventure and Crystal Chronicles. It was so hard to get everything together to play these but so incredibly worth it in the end
Shnoorum 4 years ago
I remember a few games used it, Wind Waker I think, possibly Splinter Cell, definitely Wario World, Pacman vs was my favourite though, came as a freebie with Namco's attempt to go serious with Ridge Racer, R Racing. Would love it if they re did it as Pacman CE Vs, or even CE DX Vs on the Wii U, that would be awesome. I think Nintendo are doing something similar as one of the games on Nintendoland though.