Halo 4 War Games Pass announced

Halo 4 War Games Pass has been announced by Microsoft and 343 Industries, giving players a 15 per cent discount on three War Games map packs.

The War Games Pass will be released for 2000 MS Points (around 19.99 GBP) and provides access to the packs when they are released in December, February and April. Map Pass purchasers will also get the bonus of two in-game helmets, as well as a unique in-game emblem.

The descriptions of the Maps are as follows:

Crimson Map Pack (December)

Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

Majestic Map Pack (February)

Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline: Landfall's emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline's distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April)

Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

The Halo 4 War Games Map Pass is also available by purchasing the Halo 4 Limited Edition.

Edited On 25 Oct, 2012

Comments
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Those of us who get the pass via the LCE will also get the extra helmets and emblems. There's been loads of posts about this on the Waypoint forums, but it was cleared up via a tweet by 343. Shame the LCE is becoming more devalued as the release date nears
Joe2120's avatar
Yeah we got sent the game for review. I can confirm there are extras like you say in the limited edition.
Joe2120 4 years ago
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
If a game knows what maps there going to bring out why do it as DLC i feel game developers are really making a mockery of gamers now'a'days
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Microsoft are really doubling down on these DLC passes lately, aren't they? Still, at least it isn't as expensive as the Forza Horizon one this time.
Rachael 4 years ago
I think you save about 400 Microsoft points so I may just buy the DLC as it arrives before putting out my money. Made that mistake with Call Of Duty Elite...
Well I have the LE ordered so I'm all good. 2000Msp (17.13GBP) seems pretty good for 12 maps if i do say so myself.
I originally had the LE on my mind but I am unfortunately going to have to settle for the standard edition :( Still can't wait though!!
Rachael 4 years ago
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
I think its a great idea to include the season pass content with the LE. Very glad I have had that ordered from here for months now. I can't wait to get my hands on Halo 4. It looks like it might be the best Halo since the original. Yeh, im going there.
emo185's avatar
emo185 4 years ago
The Season Pass works out at around £17 (iand not £20 as mentioned in the article), since 2100 MSP is around £17.50 (at Retail)........Either way, since the Season Pass is included with the Limited Edition version of Halo 4 its worth paying the extra for the Limited Edition (not to mention lots of extra content such as the Forward Until Dawn videos).