Crysis 2 comes to PlayStation Plus next month

PlayStation Plus subscribers will be getting Crysis 2 for free as part of their instant game collection next month.

Crysis 2 is a pretty great shooter, so it's probably not such a bad thing that you'll be getting it for free. Well unless you have it already of course.

Sony says that Crysis 2 is "but the tip of the iceberg," adding that we should "look out for more details of the rest of the November Plus content very soon, including details of the service's impending expansion to PS Vita."

We can't wait to see what else is coming along next month. Maybe they'll discount Super Monkey Ball on Vita to ShopTo levels, since it's currently a whopping 29.99 GBP on PS Vita, that's more than double the price.

Edited On 26 Oct, 2012

Comments
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
Not bad. Crysis 2 was a game I drifted away from as I was distracted by other titles so I never finished it. This will give me another chance. So thats nice I guess.
Same here. Got about halfway through this when it came out. Nice pick Sony. The multiplayer was alright on this too.
ANDREW 4 years ago
Yep, I got bored with it about halfway through too, despite being technically excellent I just found it lacking in something.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
One of the worst mp experiences you could have in gaming to date. SP aint too bad.
Rachael 4 years ago
After playing through on normal difficult first I was able to then play through on the hardest difficulty and literally go stealth and walk through the whole game. I enjoyed it the first time through though! MP wasn't too great, people would sit in the corners and turn invisible, so that about done it for me.
Wey1's avatar
not a shooter fan really but will give anything a go for free.
Wey1 4 years ago
hairyfingernail's avatar
hairyfingernail 4 years ago
Played this when it first came out didn't really like it. Can't put my finger on why either. It was just lacking something. As it free i'll download it again and save it for a rainy weekend see if i feel different a second time. Can't wait to see what vita stuff we are going to get. Hopefully something like wipeout.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Good news, I dont actually have this :) I suspect that with Vita we will be getting Everybodys Golf as the price has been going up and down all over the place and has gone back to £29.99 last time I checked. Just a guess though.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I'm already have a 360 and a Wii and can't really justify having a PS3 as well,,, but offers like this are making me really, really tempted.
I know what you mean, The Xbox 360 reward scheme doesn't even come close to what the PS3 has to offer.
Rachael 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
FYI if you do download free stuff from PS+, you can only play it all the while your subscription is still running. If you download a free game and your PS+ sub runs out you can no longer play it until you renew. Just thought I'd throw that out there incase you didn't know
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
shiftymorgan's avatar
shiftymorgan 4 years ago
Really got boring crysis 2, for me everything just seems too slow. Always waiting for powers to recharge, so it always felt like I was cowering in the corner. As always though ps+ seems groovy but I love my Xbox too much :D
Allan 4 years ago
No PS+ here (well, I have a one month trial code I got at Gamescom, but yet to use it), so won't be able to get this yet. Not too bothered anyway, got far too many other games on backlog and other games coming out soon that I want to play. Can wait a little longer for this I'm sure.
UKVampire's avatar
UKVampire 4 years ago
I am tempted to get rid of my PS3 if i'm honest, however the changes to PS+ have been superb
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
Not bad... for those who don't already own it,