Latest UK Charts, w/e Oct 28 - Medal of Honor: Warfighter breaches FIFA 13's topspot

The latest UK gaming charts have been released and there's a new leader after a gallant five weeks at the top for the EA Sports behemoth, FIFA 13 has finally been knocked down a peg by the release of the latest in the long running Medal of Honor series - Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

The excellent Forza Horizon makes a brilliant debut entry position of third, while Skylanders Giants sails back to fourth in its second week.

Here's the official top 20 UK gaming charts for last week:

20. Xcom: Enemy Unknown

Ukie Games Chart, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 29 Oct, 2012

Comments
UKVampire's avatar
UKVampire 4 years ago
Not bad going for a game that was written off by most critics, I personally really enjoyed MOH the MP aspect of it is fun
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
If the reviews were released a number of days prior to the games release it probably wouldn't have done nearly as good.
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
That was the plan, no review copies before release, so no reviews. But with it coming out in the US before the UK there were reviews available before the UK release.
creed95's avatar
i tend not to pay much attention to most reviews anyways, but in my opinion this game isjust like any other shooter but seems to be lacking alot
creed95 4 years ago
Proof, if any were needed, that people will buy any old crap.
UKVampire's avatar
Yep, I don't know how Skylanders keeps selling either ;)
UKVampire 4 years ago
Agreed, didn't rate the last MoH so not bothering at all with this one. Skylanders is selling really well because of kids and upcoming christmas. My eldest has skylanders and considering the amount of kids that are gonna be begging for it for christmas there's no surprise really! :)
Lorna 4 years ago
Zealotus's avatar
I got to agree with you, I played the demo and I didn't see anything new being brought to the table and I don't think the sales pitch "Play as your home countries special forces!" is a significant enough feature.
Zealotus 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
What the frig is Moshi Monsters?
UKVampire's avatar
As Gloria said "Proof, if any were needed, that people will buy any old crap" LOL
UKVampire 4 years ago
Moshi Monsters is again a franchise aimed at kids. It's annoying and expensive lol :)
Lorna 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
kinda makes me sad looking at that list. Looks like the Layton hype has started to drop off too. Usually that gets much higher.
That might be because the 3DS is still a relatively new system rather than people abandoning the franchise though.
JAKE 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Also wanna point out with Skylanders, is that for the game itself or is it the toys aswell? It's kinda vague.
I think if it included the toys as well it'd be much higher :)
Lorna 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im shocked that it has made number 1 i personally did not like it but as ive said for a while all 3rd person shooters have become the same old thing and nothing in my eyes has beat call of duty 4 because they are all to similar! except halo 4 that looks amazing lol because its wanted more than these modern day shooters!
Robichoico's avatar
I think the problem Pokemon has it A: It's a DS game and a lot of people think that alone makes it inferior to the 3DS (notice how some sites have it reduced down already) and B: It says Black and White 2. Most people probably think it's just an update to the one they bought last year. I think Christmas will increase its sales but not expecting much
Robichoico 4 years ago
kdogground2's avatar
kdogground2 4 years ago
Top 3 is disapointingly predictable (Though I am suprised Pokemon decended so quickly) number 4 is the suprise for me. While I have yet to play one as I thought it would be the type of game you get sick of fast, they seem intresting in concept at least. I should really give one a try but I worry about my bank account....
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Hopefully this silences a few naysayers! I loved the game, the SP was a spectacular sequel to the first. It's not without it's bugs, and it's not perfect, but honestly what game is in release week nowadays. Hope the sales keep up and it encourages a third!
Sorry, but sales does not equate to quality, the music industry has been proving that for years.
Konakona's avatar
Hahaha so true!
Konakona 4 years ago
AvatarIII's avatar
AvatarIII 4 years ago
Will Skyrim ever stop selling? It's a shame XCOM is so far down the list,
hairyneville's avatar
With all the technical gaffes and problems with DLC, I'm also pretty surprised that Skyrim's still going strong. I must admit I got a good 135 hours out of it after buying it full price, but after that I just lost all motivation to keep playing. Still, 135 hours for £36 is pretty good value for money in my book, so if the folks still buying it get the same amount of enjoyment out of it for £20-£25, I don't suppose I'm really in a position to be snide about their buying choices! :D
hairyneville 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I'm shocked that MOH is in the number 1 spot, considering how bad the reviews sounded. However with Cod coming out in 2 weeks I don't think it will stay there for very long!
creed95's avatar
it will most likely be off next week considering AC3 is out in a couple of days
creed95 4 years ago
iMerle iDixon's avatar
iMerle iDixon 4 years ago
That is one hell of a surprise, I can't see it surviving for long though especially with ACIII incoming.
Lewis 4 years ago
i cant believe skyrim is still up there, above xcom, thats appauling
creed95's avatar
really suprised at that also. yeah its a great game but in the top 20 after being out for almost a year. although quite impressive, i just dont agree
creed95 4 years ago
You can't disagree with sales figures, they're facts, people actually went and bought that many copies of the game. And you can't disagree with their reasons for buying it, as you already said it was a great game. ;)
creed95's avatar
maybe its the whole roblem with dawnguard and hearthfire that boosted the sales. i imagied that alot of people bought the xbox version to play it
creed95 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
go on moh-wf blooming love this game all those so called critics are now sitting there looking baffled,i never go by reviews only my own and this game is under rated,its not cod,its not bf or any other shooter this is its own game that deserves more respect!!
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Awwww no Sleeping Dogs. Oh well, had a good run
creed95's avatar
yeah that game was awesome and look forward to the new zombie dlc :)
creed95 4 years ago
Still not opened my copy, maybe this week if I finish Doom 3 off.
Shnoorum's avatar
Think I'm getting close to the end. Giving it a little break so I dont over do the poor game. Hopefully have it all finished for the new DLC. Very much looking forward to it
Shnoorum 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Not surprised to see Medal of Honor at the top. There's no other big releases really this week to challenge it. What would be interesting is to see the charts with sales figures so you can compare it against other big releases. My biggest surprise is the number of people who I game/friends with are actually enjoying both the multiplayer and single player.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
i was really dissapointed with some off the bugs in this game going to hope on a patch
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
This really did surprise me. assassins creed will knock MOH off and it will be lower next week.
creed95's avatar
creed95 4 years ago
i did not expect this at all. the campaign i just about average and multiplayer is a little better. i agree with people when they say if battlefield and call of duty had a love child then this game would be the one that pops out. i sick of these companies shoving modern military shooters down our throats. after the 2010 flop i would have though medal of honor wil have learnt there lesson and maybe should have done another WW1/WW2 game. yeah they got old but with the frostbite engine and all that detruction who knows what it could have been like
mattbladen's avatar
mattbladen 4 years ago
No one likes MOH then??? I was thinking of buying it when price drops??
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Its a bit sad that X-Com which is something a bit different as well as something that needs a bit of thinking about has dropped to 20. For my money though its not a bad chart with 16/20 of them being decent games.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I'm hoping that word of mouth will help XCOM keep a steady stream of sales going. Also hoping that fans keep hold of it and don't sell it on, so sales figures aren't reduced by lots of second hand purchases.
Datastatic's avatar
Me too, there is a lot of replayability in there and incoming DLC. Its not like a 3rd person shooter where you can just turn to another 3rd person shooter and move on. It is one of the best 5 games of the year in my opinion.
Datastatic 4 years ago
hairyneville's avatar
hairyneville 4 years ago
Downloading the Xcom demo from XBLA today. Money's tight at the moment, but if I like what the demo has to offer then I may well shell out just to support it against all the big bucks releases that are coming out at the moment (harsh glare at Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed 3 et al!).
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Quite enjoy the multiplayer, have only played the single player briefly but impressed with it