Dead Island Riptide shuffles towards April 26th 2013 release date

Good news Dead Island and Zombie fans! Deep Silver announced today that the next addition in the Dead Island Series, Dead Island Riptide will be hitting stores April 26th in the EU/UK and April 23rd in other destinations. The official box art for the game has also been released.

The publisher has also announced that Dead Island Riptide will be getting two different editions available for pre-order:

The 'Pre-Order Edition' will include an exclusive pack of weapon mods that will allow players many more ways of despatching those hungry shuffling foes.

The 'Special Retailers Edition' throws in an additional exclusive character skin and will only be available from specific retailers, the retailers will be announced at a later date.

Are you excited about getting back to the Island?

Edited On 30 Oct, 2012

Comments
Rachael 4 years ago
Hopefully you will be one of the chosen retailer's for the special edition then because you'd have my custom. Enjoyed the 1st one even though it was extremely buggy.
Won't be bothering with this, the first was a massive let down, not a bad game as such, just the advertising was so misleading and promised so much more than the game delivered.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Quite impressed with the covers artwork, there was far too many glitches in the first game but hopefully they nail it this time round as everything else was good.
Sontailsic's avatar
Sontailsic 4 years ago
Well, I guess it can't be worse than the first one. Not to say it was bad but like others have said it was massively misleading. Hopefully they're releasing a new game to live up to the original hype rather than seeing £££ signs for a sequel.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Wait, box art? I thought it was a downloadable game. Cant say I'm too hyped. The first one would have been brilliant if the characters werent so bland. There wasn't a single skill tree I was interested in and the combat alone couldnt stand by itself.
adwan's avatar
Riptide was originally supposed to be a DLC expansion to Dead Island, but I think they decided it was large enough, or could be developed further to be it's own stand alone game. Let's hope the first one comes to PSPlus before Riptide is released. It seems to be the running trend with the subscription service.
adwan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
As I think I have said before the original was very underrated. It gets a lot of stick for the advert but I don't see what the problem is. Adverts are designed by nature to be misleading as anyone who has ever bought some Lynx deodorant will (sadly) tell you. Great promo, great game and hopefully great sequel. Bring it on.
Difference being the Lynx ads are an obvious joke.
Datastatic's avatar
A good game is a good game regardless. You might have been expecting something else but the end result was the same. In my opinion anyhow. Hopefully promos can just show in game footage from now on so no-one is misled. No Robert Downey in a helicopter or anything like that..
Datastatic 4 years ago
Holly 4 years ago
I got the first game as a gift for my birthday. I should really start playing it, then I'll know if this is something I'll want to keep my eye on.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Excellent stuff and afew days before my birthday too so I'll be dropping plenty hints to the missus from now until then lol.