Okami HD woofs onto Playstation Network tomorrow

Capcom has today announced that the high definition re-incarnation of the PS2 classic, Okami will be available for digital download from tomorrow in the UK & Europe.

The game will include support for Playstation Move and Trophies and cost 15.99 GBP/19.99 Euros.

In Okami, players take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a legendary wolf after Orochi, a tyrannical monster, turns the world into a ruined wasteland. She must use her magical abilities and arsenal of items, attacks, and Celestial Brush to restore the land to its previous glory full of life and color. Along the way, Amaterasu will be called upon to help a cast of quirky and intriguing characters and defeat a bevy of brutal enemies to rid the land of Orochi's curse.

Be sure to look out for it in tomorrow's PSN Store update.

Edited On 30 Oct, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
It should be law that if you have somehow not played this masterpiece and consider yourself a gamer that you pick this up. (this is now the third console it's on) failure to do so resulting in you having to put your fingers into a blender. They are of no use to you. Seriously. get it. It's easily one of the most beautiful games ever made and doesn't nearly get the attention it deserves.
Good to see it's got Move support, the Wii version was the better of the two.
Birdorf's avatar
Birdorf 4 years ago
A Vita version would make me very happy, I'd have thought there's a fair chance. Bet this looks amazing in HD, one of my favourite PS2 games.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Capcom overcharging for their HD upscales again. This should be a fiver cheaper than it is, ala last week's Killzone HD.
Datastatic's avatar
True but you cant compare this to Killzone. This is one of the best games of all time and I would buy it at full price.
Datastatic 4 years ago
s.c.g's avatar
s.c.g 4 years ago
Finally! Something decent to spend some of my PSN credit on. :)
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Would buy it if it was a disc release. Out of curiosity, anyone play Okamiden? Is it any good? I keep meaning to pick it up but never do
Birdorf's avatar
I thought it was OK-ish, a bit over-familiar, since it's essentially just a remake, horrible slowdown in places. I bought Dragon Quest IX shortly after starting it and was itching to play it, so that may have clouded my judgement.
Birdorf 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I would like to play this game but capcom just charge to much for me, i only just brought resi 4 last night as it was half price.
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Wow, a lot of praise coming from you guys for this game. Never played it personally but if it is that good maybe I'll just have to. Move support might make me dust off the old Move controllers.
Datastatic's avatar
Think Zelda with amazing artwork and optional arm waving and you wont be far from the mark.
Datastatic 4 years ago
iamthe11oyd's avatar
iamthe11oyd 4 years ago
This will be the first time i've posted on any of the shopto threads, but i'm quite passionate about this game. Only 3 games (in my lifetime so far) have given me a lump in my throat when i completed them; Super Mario 64, Zelda:TOOT, and Okami [PS2 original].... This game alone is also why i have soft spot for Platinum Games (as former Clover Studio employees now work for Platinum Games, and it shows).... One of THE biggest mistakes Capcom ever made was closing Clover Studios [Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Okami]. However, Capcom's loss is our gain, as we probably wouldn't have had Bayonetta & Vanquish if history hadn't played out like it has. An awesome game.... Full stop.
RYAN 4 years ago
I'd just like to echo the sentiment of all the other people who recommend this game. It really never did sell as much as it deserved. I played through my PS2 disc copy twice and will enjoy going for trophies on the HD version. I'll wait until it's under £10 (As I've already played it twice), but I'd advise anyone to give this a go!
RYAN 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Bought the Wii version a few years back but might be tempted to get this again for the PS3. The world needs more games like this.
no47's avatar
no47 4 years ago
Okami is a masterpiece of a game, and i can only imagine what it will look like in HD. However saying that i think £15.99 is a little steep for it, especially considering it's a downloadable title. If it were a retail release then i think that the price is justifiable, however i think i'll wait for a sale to see if it hits the £9.99 mark.
Okami is a Amazing game. I'm replaying my Wii version right now
Holly 4 years ago
I never played this on the PS2 as it came out while I was having my teenage angst years and was too busy being stroppy. However, I've heard lots of good things about this and have been following the previews since its release announcement for the HD remake. Really want to buy this, but not sure about the price. To be fair though, it's not going to be a small game and no doubt I'll probably get £15.99 out of it. Will definitely get this at some point - wish there had been a launch discount for PS+ though!