Grand Theft Auto V officially announced for Spring 2013

Grand Theft Auto V will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in spring 2013, Rockstar Games has announced, confirming rumours first started by photos of retail displays leaked over the weekend.

Founder Sam Houser said: "Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open-world game design. We can"t wait to share it with fans."

Pre-orders for the game will go live on November 5th.

Edited On 30 Oct, 2012

Comments
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I will wait for CE/LE announcement before I preorder. Got plenty of time
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I still can't finish GTA4 It's like watching paint dry on a wet day. It's just so boring. I shan't be laying out money for this game. Now, if a rental proves me wrong, I will happily eat my humble pie and hand over my cash. But if it's anything like the slow, boring and dingy 4, I'll be fine without it thanks
adwan's avatar
It looks as though gta5 will at least be a bit brighter in colour palette at least. Hopefully by returning to San Andres they will pick up on what made GTA San Andres so good and leave behind too much of that realism crap we had to put up with in gta4
adwan 4 years ago
Skiba's avatar
GTA 4 is my favourite game so far this gen with all the stuff you can do paint dry seem harsh.
Skiba 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
Different strokes I suppose. I tried, twice, to get into GTA4 One mate said, "you need to give it a couple of hours to get into it" I sat for 4 hours and just wanted to die. I'm not saying it bad, or it's poorly made, I'm saying it bored me. Now, if the San Andreas feel does come back, I will give it a try, but not if the workout mechanic returns!
troublemaker 4 years ago
mcquiston's avatar
mcquiston 4 years ago
This will be amazing, no GTA game has yet to disappoint me.
Zealotus's avatar
Zealotus 4 years ago
GTA V is looking to be a sick game, I can't wait. :)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I was scammed out of money with GTA IV, Red Dead was average at best and L.A Noire was dreadful. Nope. I'm not convinced Rockstar have it anymore. I'll be waiting on a price cut/pre-owned.
Couldn't agree more, Rockstars open world games have been very average this generation, and whilst they've been resting on their laurels games like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs have been easily outperforming them.
adwan's avatar
Gta4 wasn't great and I've heard that LA Noire was poor but I though Red Dead Redemption was a great game. Different to what we're used to but by no means in a bad way. The two expansions to GTA4 were really good though, closer to gta of old.
adwan 4 years ago
Skiba's avatar
1 Rockstar never made LA Noire they were the publisher which was a good game if a little slow Read Dead was a masterpiece.
Skiba 4 years ago
Zealotus's avatar
Don't have it anymore? you just named 3 of the biggest selling and awarded games this gen lol.
Zealotus 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I've enjoyed all of this generations rockstar title's apart from LA Noire. This games going to be awesome an noone will be able to convince me otherwise!
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
Same. Rockstar Table Tennis was a blast too
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Table Tennis was the best of the lot I thought :)
Sontailsic's avatar
Sontailsic 4 years ago
Surprised with the hate for GTA4. It wasn't amazing granted but it was still a decent game. I can agree with LA Noire, after all the hype that fell flat on it's face badly for me. RDR was a fantastic game though.
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Only GTA game I never bought was London. I totally would have if I wasn;t a kid and had money back then. Shall be preordering this one at some point for sure
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
day one buy for me i can't believe people didn't like red dead.
adwan's avatar
I liked Red Dead, still play it now occassionally, especially good fun to give Undead Nightmare a blast every now and again. That is definitely one thing Rockstar do well, DLC.
adwan 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
day one for me also ive been waiting months for this news! love GTA and rockstar!
iamthe11oyd's avatar
iamthe11oyd 4 years ago
Seeing as RDR went free (or rented if you want to be pedantic) on PS+, i'm hoping LA Noire will at some point, and maybe GTA4 (then [much] later down the line this).... I just don't see the fuss about GTA4... I got bored after Vice City.
Lisa 4 years ago
When I found out about this game I was so excited cause the past ones have not been very good in my opinion. My brother showed me the sneak preview trailer and WOW looks so good. Kinda looks a cross between Vice City and San Andreas I think. Those two were by far by fave and if it's as good as them I'll be happy.