Latest charts, w/e Nov 4: Assassin's Creed III climbs to top

Assassin's Creed III climbs to the top of the UK charts this week, thanks to a whopping opening week. Exact sales figures cannot be disclosed however it's clear that gamers on our small island love the latest game in Ubisoft's popular franchise, since it's became the second biggest launch of the year behind EA's FIFA 13.

Elsewhere in this week's charts, THQ will be happy to see WWE 13 arrive at number three, while SEGA's Football Manager and EA's Need for Speed: Most Wanted arrive in fourth and fifth positions respectively.

The rest of the top ten is made up of Medal of Honor, Forza Horizon, Skylanders Giants, Just Dance 4 and Dishonored.

The PS Vita game, Assassin's Creed III, Liberation arrives in 14th spot.

Check out the full chart below.

Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 03 November 2012

25. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 - KONAMI
26. SLEEPING DOGS - SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
27. XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN - TAKE 2
28. ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS - UBISOFT
29. ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
30. DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION - KOCH MEDIA
31. GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
32. MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES - SEGA
33. ROCKSMITH - UBISOFT
34. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
35. SUPER MARIO 3D LAND - NINTENDO
36. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3 - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
37. KINECT DISNEYLAND ADVENTURES - MICROSOFT
38. SONIC GENERATIONS - SEGA
39. MARIO KART 7 - NINTENDO
40. KINECT SPORTS - MICROSOFT

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 05 Nov, 2012

Comments
Bruticus's avatar
Bruticus 4 years ago
It doesn't surprise me. I think the change of scenery definately helps, it the main thing attracting it to me over the past couple of games
Bruticus's avatar
That was worded badly. I sound like English isn't my first language.....
Bruticus 4 years ago
I'm surprised WWE13 got so high, I think it's probably the worst wrestling game I've ever played.
Acid360's avatar
Acid360 4 years ago
No surprise, assassins creed III is No.1 it's amazing and even with all the bugs And I like the fact black ops is 34 and modern warfare3 36 Black ops is by far the best c.o.d out there :)
Birdorf's avatar
Birdorf 4 years ago
Don't normally take any notice of anything other than the top 10, but there are some interesting entries further down.
preyalone's avatar
preyalone 4 years ago
AC3 definitely deserves the top spot - it's a hugely ambitious game and whilst it might trip over itself at times, it's still a triumph.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
The sad thing about this is that it will no doubt entire people like Ubisoft to continue making buggy games, or EA that re-releasing last years game (as was reported and proven for the Wii and PSV versions) in new box art is ok as they did with Fifa 13
preyalone's avatar
AC3 had a 3 year development cycle, so it's surprising how many bugs there are. Having said that, it's such a huge game that it would be impossible to wipe out all the bugs. I've not come across anything game breaking, or anything I would consider to be more than a minor graphical glitch.
preyalone 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
I've had a couple of really bad ones. Like once I was walking around and fell into a white void. Fell for like 5 minutes and then died lol. Another one it made it impossible to complete a side-mission as it wouldn't let me interact if I was seen, however nobody was around aside from dead guards. Those dead guards could see me.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Was there really any doubt AC3 would be top also seeing as Warfighter is 6th I think there is a lot of unhappy customers. I'm already starting to see a lot of Pre-Owned stock
Robichoico's avatar
It happens all of the time. Especially with FPS games where the single played campaign lasts around 5-6 hours. People run through that, try the multiplayer and realise it's not for them/better elsewhere. They've then spent £40 on a 6 hour game so take it to their local shop which is giving about £25 (if you're lucky) back
Robichoico 4 years ago
Lisa 4 years ago
I knew this would happen. The AC series is so huge and the advertising that has went into it and still is is an amazing. It's everywhere! Even still, when people first heard about it ages ago it was bound to be a success.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Good to see Doom 3 BFG Edition up there still. Quality game, really enjoyable
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Good to see Doom 3 BFG Edition up there still. Quality game, really enjoyable
Josh 4 years ago
Guess this is the calm before the storm that is Halo 4...
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
The only issue with Halo 4 and this chart is it is only on the one platform. It looks good but would I buy an XBox for it? I dont think so so far with what I've seen. However COD is another matter...
Shnoorum's avatar
Shnoorum 4 years ago
Love the title. I c wut u did ther Joe
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Considering Angry Birds is free on android and extremely cheap for iOS, and having already sold a billion trillion copies, who the hell is buying it full price on a console???