Microsoft releases Smartglass for iOS

Microsoft has released SmartGlass for iOS, allowing you access to your Xbox 360 via both the iPhone and iPad.

What this means is that you'll be able to use your idevice's keyboard to type messages on the Xbox and use it as a second screen to enhance your gaming experience in titles such as Forza Horizon and Dance Central 3.

If you have already downloaded the Xbox LIVE App then all you'll need to do is hit the update button to gain access to the new SmartGlass app.

Edited On 07 Nov, 2012

Comments
Acid360's avatar
Acid360 4 years ago
Smart glass is good but there needs to be more feature I have heard It could be possible that ubisoft might release rayman legends for xbox with wii u features I hope this is true because the possibility are endless i do feel a little sorry for the developers first they make the game and now there adding extra content for smart glass, I wonder what's next !
adwan's avatar
I'm sure the developers won't mind one but as they probably love having new tech to play with.
adwan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
I think Ubisoft confirmed already that Rayman Legends is Wii U exclusive.
Robichoico 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
Indeed they have, but, as we've seen in the past, exclusive doesn't always mean forever now. Look at how many games that have been exclusive to Xbox that are now on PS3, and vice-versa.
adwan 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
This sounds quite amazing and I wonder if it will bring a lot of exclusives over to Microsoft. As a Sony owner though I am concerned that the PS3 might get left behind a bit. I seriously hope not, but it is very possible.
adwan's avatar
Why would it since Sony already have there own tablets as well as the Vita, which we've already seen is getting the cross-controller treatment for LBP2 with neat new features. There is no reason why we won't see something like this come to Playstation, though I think all this will be better utilised in the next gen of consoles.
adwan 4 years ago
Tw33ks's avatar
To me the real concern is next gen. Microsoft have played the whole dual screen thing amazingly well, they have created a software package that is distributed for free on iOS, Android and Windows 8 (Phone, RT & Pro), that is incredibly smart as it means anyone with an Xbox can use it as most people have touch screen phones and many have tablets now. Sony on the other hand are playing catch up as if they wanted to do the same their options are purely hardware based, if Rayman Legends released on PlayStation 3 now I'd need to buy a PlayStation Vita as well and that's just not as cost effective as picking up my phone or a tablet and loading up a free app to do it.
Tw33ks 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
This is very true, but at the same time there is nothing stopping Sony pulling their finger out and developing an app as well, or even building on their current phone app to do these extra things.

The thing with the PS3 is that although it claims to be a media hub it really isn't, not right now. It's media player is rubbish, it's file system for music and films is pants, and it's browser only just about manages to work. At least the Xbox has these and in a much better format that are actually useable. I have no music and no films on my PS3, but I would if it had decent looking and user friendly media players and could also connect with my iPhone to transfer them to and from.
adwan 4 years ago
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Have used smartglass and its ok for free, can't really complain. Think it's more of a gimmick than anything
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I like smartglass. I tried it using Android and iOS. Works great from both of the platforms. I most enjoy using it when using Internet Explorer (yes, I use IE on xbox, because I don't want to turn on the PC always, and I don't want to stare at the small screen of the iPhone). I hope that there will be more features for smartglass, than the announced episode info for Game of Thrones, or the map for Forza Horizon. Maybe something like Rayman for Wii U (the demo presented on E3)?