Molyneux asking for donations to help Curiosity servers

Peter Molyneux's latest brainchild, Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube? has been having all kinds of server problems since it's launch last week, due to it's unexpected popularity and now 22 Cans head honcho Molyneux is having to ask for donations via paypal to help alleviate the server problems.

Over the last few days, the 22 Cans website has been updated with a paypal button and the following statement:

"We are a small independent developer and due to popular demand we now offer the option for kind people to donate, so that we can make Curiosity the best possible experience it can be. However big or small the donation; it will really help us make Curiosity better."

The server issues faced by the 22 Cans team have plagued the game since day one causing many issues for gamers, such as the app cashing, losing coins and disappearing images.

Have you tried Curiosity: What's inside the Cube yet? Let us know what you think of it below.

Edited On 12 Nov, 2012

Comments
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
They should have made it a 69p app and not free, it probably would have reduced the numbers and helped pay for the servers. How could they expect it not to be popular. 1 - It's a free app, they always get tons of downloads, 2 - They built the hype up for it so much that it was bound to be popular, everyone just want's to try it, hense the name, and the reason i'm sure they developed it!
AvatarIII's avatar
or at least done a free ad-supported version and a 69p ad-free version, that comes with a bunch of free coins or something.
AvatarIII 4 years ago
SuperJag86's avatar
SuperJag86 4 years ago
I've managed to have a few go's at this but each time I stop because it's simply to boring. I hope 22 cans other experiments are more interesting!
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
Curiosity is really addictive and intriguing, I hope they do sort the server problems soon. I'd rather see them adding the option to upgrade tools with money as opposed to unlocked cubes, then at least you're getting something back for your donation, instead of donating blind.
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Mmm I need donations too, towards Christmas so if helping 22 cans is not your thing maybe helping me seems better! :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Been meaning to download this to check what its all about but sounds like it has a lot of issues
Tyrone 4 years ago
Oh Molyneux... A muliti million dollar man, maker of some of the best games EVER asking us poor people to help your game server, doesn't seem right to me at all..... Should've made people pay a small fee for the app would probably fix ALL the money side of things!!
iamthe11oyd's avatar
iamthe11oyd 4 years ago
Molyneux strikes me as the type of guy that arrives late to the pub, gets a few rounds bought for him, then has conveniently left by the time it's his round..... So yeah, Molyneux, put your hand in your own pocket.
Two Words : Ad Support
Think I'll save my spare change for the local tramp so he can buy himself a can of special brew, it's a much more deserving cause.