New Grand Theft Auto V screenshots hit the net

Over the last week, a few select outlets have been given the chance to preview Grand Theft Auto V, which is expected to launch in Spring 2013. Rockstar have now officially released the images that have been seen within these previews.

Click to enlarge.

?

?

Edited On 12 Nov, 2012

Comments
Scatigno's avatar
Scatigno 4 years ago
Graphically the game is looking top notch, although I am yet to see anywhere that states these screens are running on anything but a high end PC. I love the GTA games, but my issue is that I'm not sure the Xbox 360 and PS3 can handle it. Rockstar have made no secret about their ambition for this game, how the map is going to be the biggest open world they have ever created, bigger than the likes of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. That is a lot of strain on the actual hardware, so no doubt at least the 360 version will include multiple discs, hopefully that you can then install to the hard drive and have the whole game running from one disc, and both console versions will likely be full of bugs. Now don't get me wrong, I believe Rockstar are better developers than Bethesda and the buggy mess they created which was Skyrim, which was still an awesome game by the way, byt maybe their ambition this time is bigger than the actual hardware at their disposal. If I remember correctly, the PS3 version of GTA IV was running in sub-HD and still had problems with texture and environmental pop-in, despite the mandatory install, so it remains to be seen the problems gamers will face with GTA V. I'm still excited for the game because I am a huge fan of the series, but it's important as a consumer to buy games with our eyes wide open and not be blinded by the franchise name alone.
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
Agreed.
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
make an excellent point pal.. but none the less i think its going to be a must have and i can not wait for another installment to the GTA series!
0000000000 4 years ago
lou86's avatar
I agree to most of what you said but to say it going to be full of bugs is a bit harsh they have been working on GTAV for years now so i cant imagine it be like Skyrim as that was a mess but dont get me wrong it will have bugs just like every game but its how they rectify the problem is the key part, im sure it will sell millions no matter what its like, me being one of them.
lou86 4 years ago
SuperJag86's avatar
SuperJag86 4 years ago
Apparently the PC version won't launch at the same time as the console versions, which is a huge shame considering the excellent job they did with Max Payne 3.
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
Mmm should of maybe waited n made it to release with the new Xbox (whenever that maybe?) and I'm sure it would of helped to push sales up.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
AKA GTA V - 'San Andreas HD'.
alaneye's avatar
Not... the area is as big as San Andreas, Vice City, and Red Dead Redemption together and then some. And they are introducing new game play mechanisms.... ie switching between 3 different characters, side missions you can run across as in RDR. I can't wait!
alaneye 4 years ago
Tyrone 4 years ago
GOD ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!! But.... I think it looks a bit to good at the moment, those surely can't be Xbox or PS3 graphics. I think they're rendering the screenshots to the most perfect they can be. But don't get me wrong Rockstar haven't really disappointed so far, and I'm sure with this game It'll be the first of a bunch of new games in the coming years! Im hoping for another Red Dead Redemption!!
Tyrone 4 years ago
ALIAS's avatar
ALIAS 4 years ago
I have to agree. These screen shots have to be rendered, looks to good to be running on consoles. I hope it does look as good because I'm just a console owner, but I have my suspensions on these screen shots.
deadpool19's avatar
Maybe when they reveal more about the tech behind it you suspicions will evaporate :p
deadpool19 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
The graphics on this game look incredible. Really wish it was Spring 2013 already. Would be nice to see a little bit of gameplay to look at when it finally arrives.
Kezamundo's avatar
Kezamundo 4 years ago
Sucks that the trailer was delayed by Sandy in the states, the screenshots look great and I can't wait to see a visual representation of the game in video form!. Rockstar have said that GTA 5's map will be bigger than GTA 4, San Andreas AND Red Dead Redemption, which is crazy! GTA 4 lacked some of the fun explorability that I enjoyed with the huge San Andreas (though I never got to the 3rd island because it got stolen! :( ) and the only thing I remember from online play was driving round the airport with groups of friends. Bring on GTA 5 and a ton of play time!