David Cage ensures us that Beyond: Two Souls's development is going well

Speaking with the Official Playstation Blog at the Paris Games Show, the game's creator David Cage has given out a few more details about next year's game - Beyond: Two Souls featuring Ellen Page.

The PS Blog asked: "We've not heard much since E3 back in June. Is development going well?"

"Development is going very well. Indeed, it's nice to go to all these shows but we also have to make the game! We're advancing - we're now a few weeks off the alpha version. It's always a very critical moment in the development of a game since it?s the first time all the game data is assembled in a complete version. This first version is often not very playable, but it's the first time you can see the 'complete' game as a whole. After that we'll move onto the beta version, which is when the game really starts to look like the final version."

"I think there should be no preparation for Beyond. You must go into the game trying to learn as little as possible! Like other game creators, I wish I could say nothing and show nothing, and put a plain black cover on the shelves so that players start the game completely blank, with no information from trailers. This is something that is obviously not possible, unfortunately!"

Beyond: Two Souls will exclusively launch on the PS3 at some point in 2013.

Edited On 12 Nov, 2012

Comments
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
I saw this on E3 back in june an it looks amazing. Good to see Cage wants us to know little as possible before we play it, Its a good spin on things not knowing about it fingers crossed you get a better gaming experience rather it being a rubbish game you should of checked out.
deadpool19's avatar
deadpool19 4 years ago
Good to see. Hopefully as good as Heavy Rain.
AvatarIII's avatar
I think it looks better. Heavy rain was great but I prefer a bit of sci-fi or supernatural stuff, and the tiny bit of sci-fi in HR didn't cut it.
AvatarIII 4 years ago
I always try and avoid information about games I'm really looking forward to. All I know about Farcry 3 is that it's on an island and there's some guy with a mohican, and that's all I want to know till I play it.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I know so much more but all i will say is that you will not be disappointed
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
ALIAS's avatar
ALIAS 4 years ago
''Cage also wishes players go into the game with next to no prior knowledge of the game, and wishes that he could show as little as possible in the run up to release.'' I don't mind that, I kept away from AC3 info and it was worth it. I love Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain so I'm sure this will be good.
rjc's avatar
Good news. Eagerly awaiting this.
rjc 4 years ago
iamthe11oyd's avatar
I own Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy in US) but never got around to playing it.... I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, so is it worth going back to?
iamthe11oyd 4 years ago
Scatigno's avatar
Scatigno 4 years ago
Heavy Rain was such a breath of fresh air for the entire industry and the themes the story was able to touch upon were something I don't think I have ever witnessed in videogames before. I hope David Cage can make another incredible game. We need his ingenuity and originality.
Tyrone 4 years ago
God this game looked brilliant at E3! Really am looking forward for new information and more videos before the end of the year just to help build the excitement for it! just hoe it looked so real really got me shocked. Really shows the PS3 has A LOT of power left in it!
Tyrone 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Bit of a typo in the headline there - 'ensures us'? Anyway, I've managed to avoid hearing much about this and I'm going to try and keep it that way until I play it!