PS Plus comes to PS Vita via Firmware 2.0

Sony have today announced that as part of the version 2.00 System Software Update for PlayStation Vita, they will be bringing PlayStation Plus (PS Plus), a subscription service package from PlayStation Network, to PS Vita. Allowing fans to get even more from the world's most powerful portable system the subscription service will be available on PS Vita from the 21th November and it will be available to existing PlayStation 3 subscribers for no additional cost.

PS Plus offers subscribers even more with the release of PS Plus on PS Vita. As part of the Instant Game Collection, subscribers will be able to enjoy PS Vita titles including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Chronovolt. Members will have access to four games per month, as well as to a multitude of other perks such as free play, exclusive discounts and online storage.

PS3 fans can rest assured, if they're already a PS3 owner with an existing PS Plus membership, they will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita - at no extra cost.
The Instant Game Collection across both platforms means players will have a constant library of 14 games and at least five new games a month, which means over 65 games a year for PS3 and PS Vita. Gamers will also receive automatic updates with the service to ensure they are on top of the latest PS3 and PS Vita game and software updates.

Other cross platform benefits mean players can set their trophies and game saves to synchronise automatically, and access to online storage like never before will give fans up to 2GB of game saves online (1GB on PS3 and 1GB on PS Vita).
Commitment to PS Plus is also convenient with subscriptions ranging from 90 days for 11.99 pounds / 14.99 euros and 365 days for 39.99 pounds/ 49.99 euros. An annual subscription available for just 49.99 will give users access to 65 games and equates to a very reasonable 4 pound a month.

The first PS Vita PS Plus titles to be available are:

Escape Plan
Unit 13
Hustle Kings
MotorStorm RC
Super Stardust Delta and Advanced Star Fighter Pack Bundle
Top Darts
Little Deviants
Modnation Racers: Road Trip
Reality Fighters

(Small update - Sony sent us the wrong date! It's been updated with the correct date now - November 21st)

Edited On 13 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
So if I'm reading this rightly if I subscribe I can opt for Gravity Rush and then get Little Deviants and Modnation all included in the monthly price? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Too good even.
Tyrone 4 years ago
SAYY WHAT?!?!? We get those for free??? If so then that's an unbelievable deal! Have to boot up the Vita now ready for work this weekend if so, just when i started losing faith with the Vita Sony seem to bring some light to it! Just feel the 3DS games coming out each month (Brilliant games might i add) just seem to demolish the Vita! It really needs a great RPG game for me, and I NEED THAT FF-X NEWS SOON!!!!
iamthe11oyd's avatar
iamthe11oyd 4 years ago
So if i'm already a PS+ subscriber (on PS3) can i purchase PS Vita titles [via the store] even though i haven't got one yet? (so i can download them in the future, when i do get one)..... I'm waiting for PSV to hit the sub £150 price point [incl a game[.
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
I'm affraid that's a bit wrong. The first 4 games you will get are Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt & Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. The games in the list above are getting a 20% discount for plus members for the first week of plus releasing for Vita.
Robichoico's avatar
Heard anything about Final Fantasy Tactics? The US is getting that in theirs.
Robichoico 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
No word on it.

Apparently, they have some extra surprises in store for EU Plus to make up for having less games but they're staying tight lipped at the moment. They have confirmed though that Uncharted and Gravity Rush are long term games (Like Infamous 2, LBP2 & Motorstorm on PS3), and that the other two games will rotate every month.
adwan 4 years ago
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
Sweet deal no extra cost got to love Sony for coming up with PS Plus saved so much on there an now im going to be saving more great price for great deals remind you of any other company.... SHOPTO LOL
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Its great but have you seen what the US gets? From memory Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Tales from Space, Gravity Rush, Jet Set Radio & Final Fantasy Tactics (I am sure there is another one as well). As a Vita fan the only one I don't have from both lists is Reality Fighters. Yey .
Datastatic's avatar
Its so good they get Gravity Rush twice, go me !!! Shopto - stock up on them memory cards yeh?
Datastatic 4 years ago
SuperJag86's avatar
SuperJag86 4 years ago
Finally! There are great games here but I have them all except the new puzzler. If they gave us Jet Set Radio over here I would have been happier. Still it may be added further down the line...
Datastatic's avatar
Me too, love JSR and have been playing the PS3 one to bits, it would be even better on the Vita. I am sure we will get it eventually. I am not paying for it, thats for sure.
Datastatic 4 years ago
MARK 4 years ago
I just want them to fix the ps store on the vita, I've got resident evil 3 on my vita but I cant copy resident evil 2 onto my vita (even though it was on my vita when they first released the ps1 support) would be nice to have a working console first I think. Saying that I have PS+ already so I'm happy at the news of getting new games for free
MARK 4 years ago
MARK 4 years ago
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Oh, the games listed above for discount have been confirmed that they will not be included at anytime as a free game to avoid pissing off those who buy it now.

Colin or Joe, you need to update the story as it's incorrect, you still state the list of games (Escape Plan, Unit 13, Hustle Kings, MotorStorm RC, Super Stardust Delta and Advanced Star Fighter Pack Bundle, Top Darts, Little Deviants, Modnation Racers: Road Trip, Reality Fighters) are the first titles, when they are actually only going to be discounted by 20% for the first week.
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Brilliant list. Getting a Vita for Xmas and Uncharted and Gravity Rush were two of the games I was going to get. Get them now as part of my Plus package. Great deal.
Datastatic's avatar
Make sure you get a big memory card. I went through my 8gb card in about a week and upgraded to a 32gb one which is now also totally full.
Datastatic 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Well done Sony, THIS is how you get people to buy your platforms and invest in your online network! PS3 (and possibly Vita) in the next few months for me. Will be keeping the 360 too for games like Halo/Gears but am looking forward to all the PS games I've missed out on over the years.