Bloopers! Some Black Ops II players getting Mass Effect II discs

This is almost too hard to believe. Some US retail copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops II for the PC have shipped with the second disc actually belonging to EA & BioWare's Mass Effect II.?

Eager players on Reddit, Steam Forums and 4chan's gaming section /v/ have all been complaining that the second disc found inside their retail copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops II actually contains all the data for a Mass Effect II install.?

Luckily the second disc isn't really needed to complete the install as when registered to the Steam account, the game becomes completely downloadable via Steam. Bad news if you've got a sloppy broadband connection or even no internet at all!?

BioWare have since stepped up to the plate and in a blog posted title "We're answering the call.." have announced that the first fifty fans that were incorrectly sent a Mass Effect II disc will be able to snag a copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy for free.?

Edited On 14 Nov, 2012

Comments
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Some cynics (me included) might see this as a deliberate marketing attempt for the Mass Effect series AND signing up to Steam at the same time? I never think the games industry does anything really by mistake. ;)
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Funny how EA and Activision hate each other yet this was allowed to happen. On the plus side people who buy COD are getting Mass Effect 2, a decent game with it.
Wizowes's avatar
Wizowes 4 years ago
Wow Lol!! they made a boo boo. Don't understand how a mistake like that is even possible. But hey it has to happen to someone.
Ha how the hell did this happen Lol well at least the first 50 people get the Mass Effect Trilogy.Best Blunder Ever
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
I do find this hard to believe lol. Most i had wrong with games is i was missing my Batman code but nothing a phone call couldn't fix. What does EA have to say about someone giving away there games im sure they must have something to say. The plot thickens.
Tyrone 4 years ago
I shouldn't laugh but this is a huge FAIL! For being such a huge seller this time of the year but to add another game completely to the second disc is a massive error! Do they not test the final copies or something to make sure??? Someone getting sacked this week then.....
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
I didn't think this would ever happen. Still I wouldnt mind having the ME3 trilogy for free.
COP3Y DUNT's avatar