PS Vita Firmware 2.00 adds email app

Along with the Playstation Plus features of Firmware 2.0, the PS Vita will be getting a brand new app that allows email on the device, that'll be considerably easier to use than the browser.

The Firmware 2.0 app will allow you set up multiple email accounts for which you Vita will pull new messages automatically. Improvements have also been made to the browser, Twitter app and Content Manager, which can now be used wirelessly.

The Vita's browser has seen an upgrade in the way it renders webpages, Sony have also improved the content display performance by allowing more GPU power to be dedicated to the browser app.

Sony also states that 1080p videos can now run on the PS Vita. For more information, check out this video that Sony have released showcasing all of the firmware 2.00 features.

Edited On 14 Nov, 2012

Comments
Bruticus's avatar
Bruticus 4 years ago
They keep adding all of this crap. I just want it for games! Obviously I have on mine what I want, but I'm feeling grumpy today and want to moan!
I know exactly what you mean, I want some good games for the console, I don't know why but I still believe in this console and hope that it gets better! I think PlayStation as a whole needs to revamp both of their current consoles and REALLY put some more user friendly services in there
MARK 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
It's all added 'fluff' which really doesn't need to on the systems. It seems all brands are obsessed with being socially networked; as though everyone has to be connected with everything else 24/7. Isn't gaming about escapism? ;)
Bruticus's avatar
I agree. I don't want to access my emails on my Vita, as I would do it on my phone/tab/laptop, is someone seriously going to leave their Vita on all day, especially with the battery life as it is....
Bruticus 4 years ago
Wizowes's avatar
Wizowes 4 years ago
I don't mind new features being added to the vita, but the priority is new games. The best so far being uncharted.
Tyrone 4 years ago
Don't get me wrong updates are great also with the new + subscriptions. BUT WE NEED GAMES SONY!!!! Its a falling console, a new decent game every 4 months isn't gonna cut it sorry, we need great titles specifically designed for the console to help push it! No game they've tried to big up for it yet has made a great impact for anyone and it hasn't even made me excited for it either, 3DS is destroying this beauty at the moment and I for one am gutted because I had high hopes for great games......
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
I actually quite like an addition like this. Although, games are obviously of higher importance.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
The price of the Vita itself is shocking. You can get a better piece of tech entertainment in a console. OK, so you can't lug an Xbox/PS3 or Wii around with you but the markup on the device is brutal.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
...They didn't have an email app before? Basic stuff Sony...