PS3 Black Ops II players having problems with DLC codes

It seems that some PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops II players have been having problems when trying to redeem download the Nuketown 2025 DLC and Zombies version of Nuketown 2025 DLC maps.

PS3 owners report that their DLC codes that came with pre-ordered copies of Black Ops 2 as well as the Hardened and Care Package Editions are not working and therefore preventing them from accessing the Nuketown 2025 and Nuketown zombies maps ahead of the this weekend's double XP session.

Treyarch design director David Vonderhaar tweeted on the matter:

"We are indeed up and running, but we are also aware not everyone can connect. We are investigating something with our partners at Sony."

"We are currently testing backend matchmaking changes that we think can help with this. I don't have a time table, or I would tell you."

Activision Support have also spoken on the matter: "We are aware of connectivity issues that some players are facing in Black Ops 2 on PlayStation 3. We are working on resolution, thank you."

Bubonic Plague, from the EU Playstation forums, wrote: "I rang Sony and they said that my code had been redeemed in Germany. Activision support tweeted me saying that my code should work. I don't know who to trust. I'm not bothered with double XP although it would be nice. I feel that 160 pounds on Care Package Edition is now a waste of money and Activision are just milking it!"

Edited On 15 Nov, 2012

Comments
And this is why Pre-order DLC is not always good
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
It's becoming more frequent that games are no longer up to scratch, a friend of mine also had a problem with the game freezing on the first mission.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
A kind of off topic question. What editions of the game does Nuketown Zombies come in? is it just hardened and care package editions?
ukdazza's avatar
Nuketown 2025 map comes in Pre-Order versions of the game (all). BUT Nuketown 2025 Zombies I believe only comes in the Hardened Edition.
ukdazza 4 years ago
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
I would not be happy with this, normally the company should just give you another code on the phone thats what happened when i got Batman an my code was missing.
ukdazza's avatar
ukdazza 4 years ago
Not only have there been problems redeeming the code (many were complaining before launch they couldn't redeem their code & that was because it wasn't activated yet).. there are problems playing the game! It crashes, it freezes, it puts up errors saying it can't connect to the servers. Pretty poor connection issues tbh. The fact that you couldn't play online so you went to play campaign instead AND IT CRASHES is really bad. Why aren't games finished when they're released? Makes me think of the article on here about day one updates.
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
I couldn't agree more we pay top money half finished games and it's not right. something should be done to stop it, when we buy a game we should be able to play it!
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
You're totally correct, dazza. It's disgraceful to be honest.
rjc 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I got a huge problem with mine. I installed everything and then found out that this is pretty much exactly the same as the Call of Duty I bought last year. My Call of Duty last year had the same problem! It was pretty much the same as the one I had the year before. Maybe it's just my PS3? On a more serious note. This launch seems to have been the most botched launch in some time. PC owners may or may not be playing Mass Effect 2. DLC doesn't work for the PS3 version. The PSV game has so many problems. I even heard rumours of people receiving the Wii U version of the game on release if they had it pre-ordered. Just waiting for the 360 fans to find something.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
I have the 360 version and the only problems I have, along with everyone else, is horrendous lag and crap hit detection, but having played every CoD since 2 I'm used to it. I haven't even attempted to put to any of my codes I got with tbe hardened edition yet, hopefully they all work
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Nice to read that yet another game has a glitch or issue. I might have played video games for too long now (well over 25 years+) but there doesn't go by a day when a new release has something it has to overcome to 'work properly'. Has programming got lazy or over-complicated for its own good?
ALIAS's avatar
ALIAS 4 years ago
This is why I buy exclusive for PS3 and multiplatform for 360 they just seem to work better most of the time on xbox.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
mine doesnt work either, says its already been redeemed.
broonba's avatar
broonba 4 years ago
Practically every game that's been released 'This Generation' has had problems day-one. It's due to the fact that companies can just 'patch' out any problems that are found......so why are they gonna go the extra mile & make sure their product is 100% perfect. Had they been doing shit like this in the days of Megadrives & SNES's, they would be out of work quicker than they could say P45.
Robichoico's avatar
It was there back in the day too. Sometimes games were unable to be completed due to a glitch. Watch Angry Video Game Nerd and you can see so many problems with older games. But back then they didn't have patches so games just went out broken. On the other hand there are some companies that seem to make sure everything works before releasing them. Nintendo is the first one that comes to mind. I only really heard of a game breaking glitch once recently and that was the Skyward Sword one. But that was fixed within a few days and the glitch required you to play the game in the incorrect order. These days I feel that most companies know they can patch things later and employ a small amount of beta testers, then release the game and then go from feedback there.
Robichoico 4 years ago
broonba's avatar
broonba 4 years ago
broonba's avatar
broonba 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Treyarch in half-assed PS3 CoD shocker.
Tyrone 4 years ago
I haven't even got the game but I find all these blunders at the moment hilarious! I REALLY want the game don't get me wrong so badly! But you knew with such a huge gaming company it was always going to mess up somewhere along the line at launch