Playstation All Stars Battle Royale's first DLC announced and it's free

Sony and SuperBot have announced that the first two characters heading to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale will be Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett from Starhawk.

Emmett's play-style will also utilise Starhawk's unique 'Build-in-Battle' system, calling down help from the sky.

Kat's approach turns gravity on its head with some mind-bending new ways to move as she positions herself for her unique brand of aerial assault.

SuperBot say aren't ready to show off the characters in game yet, but have said that the characters will be free for two weeks when available early next year: "These DLC All-Stars still have a long way to go before they're ready to be shown off, but we wanted to let you know what the team will be working on now that we've gone gold with the main game, and that you can look forward to playing them for free!"

"We're very happy to announce these first two DLC characters will be free to everyone for the first two weeks once they are available for download early next year.

Edited On 15 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Great that they're putting these in for free. Although I don't really consider either to be major enough to warrant paying anything for them. I know of Kat from Gravity Rush, which I aint played until I see a decent price for it. Never heard of Starhawks
rjc's avatar
Two for free then brace yourself for the onslaught of paid content. :P
rjc 4 years ago
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 years ago
If you are a PS Plus member then Gravity Rush is free next week. Awesome bargain. not sure why you wouldn't sign up to ps plus in all honesty.
rjc's avatar
Did you post in the wrong article?
rjc 4 years ago
Joe2120's avatar
No just mentioning as Robichoico says he's waiting on a decent price for Gravity Rush.
Joe2120 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
Apologies, Joe, my bad. Re-read the article numerous times yet still didn't see how your comment fit. Didn't read the comment, lol. Silly me.
rjc 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
While yes it sounds like a good deal. I'm actually objecting to paying anything for Plus until they sort themselves out. We get 4 games. America gets the same 4 games along with Jet Set Radio and Final Fantasy Tactics (and I think more) all free. When asked why Sony didn't think to include all of these for us too a rep simply said 'we picked what we thought you guys would like' so yeah. I don't see any reason to support sony when they seem more than happy to not support us in the same way they do the US.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Warioman3000's avatar
I paid 30 for Gravity Rush on release. Best vita purchase so far, to the guy complaining that Sony 'needs to sort itself out' you're getting 2 of the biggest hitters on the Vita plus more for free. I appreciate your sentiment, but when you can buy a 90-day membership for 11.99, you're still getting a shed-load of value. As someone who has been following this game for a long time, Kat has always been the most rumoured and fan requested among forums, so i'm glad to see they now have plans to include her at no cost.
Warioman3000 4 years ago
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
seems like alot of DLC coming out recently.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Kat is fit so well up for this.
ALIAS's avatar
ALIAS 4 years ago
Free is always welcome! I was watch the live stream of this gam, looks fun. I like how if you buy the PS3 version you get the vita version free. Makes it even more tempting to buy.
It might of starting life as a Smash Bros clone but it really does look good now I'll pick up two copies for Christmas to give to my mate
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Robichoico, yeah that is a bit annoying. However, Plus for the PS3 has been better over here than in the US. I've seen a lot yearn for SCEE's type of content.
Wonder how much they will cost after two weeks?
Tyrone 4 years ago
Sony why don't you get it? Fair enough the characters are FREE, but why are they adding in characters most of us have NEVER heard or played with?? Honestly? SO MANY characters from the PS1 era have been left out who mad the Sony we know today especially those Final Fantasy guys I have so much love them, but honestly Sony look at how Nintendo did it, seeing as you copied the game completely...
Robichoico's avatar
The difference is that Sony don't own half of these characters. The likes of Lara, Cloud, Crash and Spyro are owned by different companies that require licenses. Obviously they were unable to get. Nintendo however own most of the characters in Smash Bros. Snake was in due to the creators being pals and Sonic...well Sonic will be in just about everything these days.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
They're not free; you buy the game and they hand them to you later! All they've done is hold them back from the initial release. DLC is making the finished product lite-versions, until after about a year, you may (or may not) have the full-game as originally designed. Don't believe the designers are trying to improve the game, they want to keep the revenues streams up during the weeks after when all game sales wither into oblivion.
SuperJag86's avatar
SuperJag86 4 years ago
This game keeps getting better and better. Strongly tempted to pick this up despite having plenty to keep me busy at the moment stretching back from May!
SuperJag86's avatar
Also Kat is awesome so I'm so glad they are going to add her :)
SuperJag86 4 years ago