Scott Derrickson to direct Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film

Another day, another bit of video game to film adaptation news! Deadline is reporting that Scott Derrickson is in place to direct the Deus Ex: Human Revolution film.

According to Deadline, CBS Films has signed Scott Derrickson to direct Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the screen adaptation of the 2011 hit. Derrickson, who has had a hot hand recently in helming the hits Sinister and The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, will write the script with his Sinister co-writer C. Robert Cargill. Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh will produce, and John P. Middleton is exec producer.

"Deus Ex is a phenomenal cyberpunk game with soul and intelligence," said Derrickson. ?By combining amazing action and tension with big, philosophical ideas, Deus Ex is smart, ballsy, and will make one hell of a movie. Cargill and I can?t wait to bring it to the big screen.".

Edited On 16 Nov, 2012

Comments
Tyrone 4 years ago
People will have to fill me wit knowledge about this game series I haven't got a clue! Game worth it? Director any good? Good for the series at all?
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
If you ask me I would say the game was a bit of a fail. It was clever and visually looked good, but it was very samey and got a bit boring. As for a film adaptation? It's either going to be a big hit, or a massive fail, and I'd go with the latter on this one.
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
It was a good game but to me and a lot of friends thought It was kind of stiff. You would be able to pick it up quite cheap now so I would recommend it
Barada's avatar
I've been trying to pick-up a reasonably-priced Xbox copy of this Limited Edition game - some prices are mad! Film would have to have a decent budget; otherwise it would be consigned to B-movie realm.
Barada 4 years ago
ALIAS's avatar
ALIAS 4 years ago
I love the game! completed a few times and got all the achievements. I love games like these when you can play it stealth all the way through and only have to fight the bosses. Good story and atmosphere, reminded me of Bald Runner. They're making Assassins Creed movie, Splinter Cell movie and now Deus Ex. All my favorite games! I just hope they all turn out well and show that movie games can be good.
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I loved the game. I am looking forward to the movie. I am glad Uwe Boll isn't producing or directing it X-)
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Great news. Human Revolution is one my very favourite games. There's a great book that's sequel to the game I would recommend to anyone who liked the game. Christian Bale for the role as Adam. Hopefully they use the same soundtrack as the game
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
One of my all time fave games id Human Revolution so hopefully the movie is gonna be epic too :)