ZombiU launch trailer tells you the rules on how to survive

With the Wii U launching in less than two weeks in Europe and only two days away in America, launch trailers are slowly appearing and ZombiU get's it's launch trailer via IGN.

The trailer showcases how ZombiU utilises the new Wii U GamePad and tells you about what you'll need to do in order to survive the zombie apocalypse in the UK's capital city, London.

And is it me, or is it quite Zombieland-esque?

Edited On 16 Nov, 2012

Comments
Can't wait for this, not long to go now.
Barada's avatar
I thought the initial TV ad made the game look ropey to be honest; more concerned with the Gamepad getting in the way of the on-screen game! Hope all the games on WiiU don't have the Gamepad stealing attention away from the main game - is this gimmick the only way they can add tension to ZombieU?
Barada 4 years ago
I suppose it might be a problem if you've a short attention span and lack the ability to multitask, luckily I don't. ;)
Tyrone 4 years ago
The more I see on this, the more I think this will be Nintendo's key game! Don't get me wrong Mario will be it too, BUT this game has EVERYTHING you would want for a launch game! If I had to chose which one I'd want first, this would be it!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Damn I really can't wait for this now. Kept hearing some negative things about it but still looking great
I've not seen or heard anything negative about it so far, apart from people who haven't played it who are probably just jealous it's not coming to their system of choice.
Robichoico's avatar
Actually Gloria. I just got the new Nintendo Official Magazine. They gave it a 92% so seems to be pretty good. While they are an Official Magazine so kinda bias they do tend to be pretty good judgement (except for the One Piece games which are way better than what they gave them lol)
Robichoico 4 years ago
Good to hear the reviews are starting off well, should be more soon with the US launch only 2 days away, and I expect for the most part they will be good. All the previews I've seen so far have been good, nd I can't wait to test it out for myself.
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
i have seen this on tv a few times now and kinda liking it.its defo got something about it i like but i cant put my foot on it. just wish i had the cash to get one :(
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
This might force me to buy a wii now...
lou86's avatar
lou86 4 years ago
Game looks pretty sweet first thing iv seen on this an its got me wondering about the WiiU. I might have to get one now if games are like this, Probably a good arm workout holding that thing out for ages while you play got to hurt a bit, But im sure with a couple of zombies biting you from behind will get you to forget.
Robichoico's avatar
apparently it's pretty light. So think of it as holding a 3DS XL in front of the TV
Robichoico 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Just read early reviews of other release titles; many of them are very favourable - even the games from the other platforms, like Batman: Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Darksiders II are appearing in equal form on the Wii U. The graphics aren't getting a mention (as being worse) so it looks like programmers know what they're doing with Nintendo's HD baby.
Barada 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I wouldn't want to have to fling the gamepad around too much, would make me very wary of games encouraging erratic movements with it. Nintendo had to reinforce warnings about their controllers before - having to concern oneself with protecting the screen won't be good.
You don't have to with the scanning, you can use the analogue stick to move your view, just hold the gamepad up to the TV and move your view with the stick.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
THE reason to get a WiiU, that being said, I brought the first Wii for one game.. never played it since..
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
The WiiU has no interest to me but I must admit this game caught my eye as Resident Evil is my fav type of game so anything with a Zombie in it I'll be interested in it lol.