PS Vita Firmware 2.0 arrives tomorrow, makes big changes

##@image@##

The PS Vita is set for big changes from tomorrow, as firmware 2.0 arrives ahead of the introduction of PlayStation Plus.

Shuhei Yoshida revealed via his twitter account that the US will be first to see the firmware, from tomorrow, Tuesday 20th, while other territories will start to see the firmware roll out the following day.

As we reported last week, there are some pretty nice chances coming alongside the firmware, such as PS Plus membership at no extra charge, which in turn will give users access to an Instant Game Collection (which this month includes Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack).

Other changes include a 'hugely improved' web browser, which can be accessed during gameplay and a new email app.

Finally, PS Plus users will also gain access to 1GB of cloud storage for PS Vita, that's in addition to the 1GB already available for PS3, while automatic updates will also become a thing.

Sound great. Are you excited?

Edited On 19 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I want to know how big this is. I kinda don't want to be wasting the 4GB card I got on needless stuff like this. Fix the games up there to reflect the US' and I'll buy your PSN.
master frodo's avatar
I don't think the firmware eats into your memory card? You can remove your card and the Vita will continue at the firmware level you had. I'm looking forward to this firmware and of course PS+, even though I have Gravity Rush and Uncharted, the future is bright for the Vita with this inclusion
master frodo 4 years ago
Scatigno's avatar
Scatigno 4 years ago
I'm so excited for PS Plus coming to the Vita, it's just annoying that for me personally, I own both Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush already. Unfortunately the UK aren't getting Jet Set Radio like our US counterparts, which leads me to believe the game may not even be ready for a Vita release over here. Either way, it's a fantastic deal spread across two systems. It really is value for money and people need to get on it.
master frodo's avatar
I reckon Jet Set Radio will make an appearance very soon on PS+
master frodo 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Sick. Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush tomorrow, and Persona 4 this weekend. My Vita will finally get some use
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I don't have ps+ on my ps3 but if i had a vita i would get it. But the worring thing is the games on the vita ps+ look good so i wouldn't have to buy any games which can't be good for sony.
master frodo's avatar
the games they will put into PS+ will be older titles - won't be the new ones, apart from maybe the PSN Arcade titles. Besides, if Sony do include newer games it's because they have a deal with the developers so Sony will get 'paid' for doing it. PS+ and Cross Buy are two big (and I mean BIG) things for the Vita. I can see it shifting lots of units on the back of this.
master frodo 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
That is actually a really good offer, is it likely to continue to be that good each month or is this more of a 'first month special'?
adwan's avatar
adwan 4 years ago
Quite cool that you can access the browser while in-game, will be useful for anyone who get's stuck on certain parts of games and needs a quick hand from Google.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Thanks for the update/info my wee boy might be getting this for his Xmas depends on the funds so I'll keep this bookmarked for future reference :)
Lewis 4 years ago
now i need some advice from people, Do i get a PSP vita or a Nintendo DSXL? i really want the pokemon games but i know the PSP can do so much more but i don't know what
adwan's avatar
Best advice I can give is which will you use more/get your monies worth from? Only you can truely make the choice. I love my Vita, even more so now that my PS+ subscription will bring me free games for it.
adwan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
If you can get both. If you can't do it by which game you want to play the most and what system it is on.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I believe the 3.0 update will enable the PS Vita to transform into a slim PS3. It's already hidden within the hardware, Sony are just waiting for the right market conditions before the reveal. ;)
xdark-shiftx's avatar
xdark-shiftx 4 years ago
this playstation plus on vita is freaking awesome. up until now i haven't had a reason to buy a vita but now we get free games on playstation plus? that is great. free stuff is always good.
Playstation Plus is starting to be worth the money in bucket loads
Skiba's avatar
Skiba 4 years ago
can not wait time for a 32gb card I think.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Looking forward to checking out this update. Played the demo for uncharted and thought it was pretty cool so i'm looking forward to downloading that :D
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Accessing the browser during gameplay is a fantastic addition. Hope browsing the store whilst in game can be added at some point.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
This is now live in the UK although you can't get the PS + games yet.