Latest Charts, w/e Nov 18: Black Ops 2 shoots its way to number one

Call of Duty is back with Black Ops 2 helping Activision and Treyarch to the biggest launch of 2012 and the 4th biggest of all time.

A whopping 60 percent of sales belong on Xbox 360, while Playstation 3 accounted for 38 percent of sales. Elsewhere, last week's number one 'Halo 4' falls to number two ahead of Fifa 13, while Assassin's Creed III drops to number four.

Another Activision title, Skylanders Giants, jumps to number five, while Need for Speed, Just Dance 4, Borderlands 2, The Sims and Football Manager make up the top ten.

Check out the full charts below.

1. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
19. MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER - ELECTRONIC ARTS
20. RESIDENT EVIL 6 - CAPCOM
21. FORZA HORIZON - MICROSOFT
22. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
23. F1 2012 - CODEMASTERS
24. PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MIRACLE MASK - NINTENDO
25. BOOK OF SPELLS - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
26. F1 RACE STARS - CODEMASTERS
27. SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED - SEGA
28. LITTLEBIGPLANET KARTING - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
29. ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
30. MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES - SEGA
31. SLEEPING DOGS - SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
32. GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
33. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 - KONAMI
34. POKEMON BLACK VERSION 2 - NINTENDO
35. MARIO KART 7 - NINTENDO
36. LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
37. DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION - KOCH MEDIA
38. 007 LEGENDS - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
39. KINECT SPORTS - MICROSOFT
40. DANCE CENTRAL 2 - MICROSOFT

UKIE Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 19 Nov, 2012

Comments
Disappointing placing for Sonic Racing Transformed, it's a really good game that deserves to do well.
adwan's avatar
Unfortunately, the Sonic brand just doesn't have the same selling power as it once had or of the likes of Mario, too many poor games has taken it's toll. It may see improved sales later as word spreads if it is a good game.
adwan 4 years ago
I know, last couple of Sonic games were pretty good though, and this continues the trend. They just need to carry on doing what they've been doing and not go back to making the awful 3D Sonics that ruined his image.
Barada's avatar
Even a cynic like me decided to give Sonic Colours a proper play! I've attempted to play a few Sonic games (or Chronic as I call the little speedster) over the years - there have been some so-so titles which haven't done the blue and white blur justice.
Barada 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Well done Gloria, you called this last week. Props.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Scatigno's avatar
Scatigno 4 years ago
This is really not surprising to see Black Ops 2 at Number 1. I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I skipped MW3 and only played a bit of the original Black Ops because I was suffering from Call of Duty fatigue, but the multiplayer is still very fun and addictive. Not played much of the campaign but I'm nearly at my first prestige in the online.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
As you say mate this is not a surprise COD like Fifa will alway's be number one due to fanbase size it was alway's going to be number 1.
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think the campaign for this Call of duty is brilliant, Easily my favourite one of them all.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Lewis 4 years ago
The latest call of duty is the best one since MW2, and a long overdue game, I top my bonnet to treyarch
adwan's avatar
"top my bonnet"...never heard that one before? "Tip my hat" on the other hand....
adwan 4 years ago
Was there really any doubt Really?
mrmascal4's avatar
mrmascal4 4 years ago
Not a big surprise, really. All CoD games seem to be the same nowadays, the only difference being the maps.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Can't say i didn't expect this lol
Shoozle's avatar
Shoozle 4 years ago
Sony should really advertise LBP Karting a bit more. I would have expected an LBP title to sell a bit more but they seem to be focusing on Sony Smash Bros more so than this. Hope MM does not suffer for the poor sales.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
im not a fan of fps but could try one again as last one was haze. is it any good
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Good to see Dishonoured doing so well, thought it would be hurt by the (apparant) short campaign and lack of multiplayer.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
top 3 in all fairness was expected.. might use my son as an excuse to pick up skylanders lol
Crunch70's avatar
Crunch70 4 years ago
COD is a good game, great story line. I won't go on about nuketown map but overall a good fast paced shooter.
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
No surprise at all.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
The Strikeforce missions (Campaign) - where you can control various elements of a team - isn't as smooth as the rest of the game. Controlling all the units becomes a chaotic mess. Better to just stay in first-person most of the time. Actually had more fun in bot multiplayer (at the moment) than the 'everyone is better than me' proper multiplayer! ;)