Grand Theft Auto V could come to PC and Wii U

Rockstar has not ruled out bringing GTA V to PC and Wii U according to the developers vice-president, Dan Houser.

Speaking in a recent interview with IGN, who asked Houser why these platforms had not been considered, the vice-president replied, saying that Rockstar are happy to release games "wherever there is an opportunity," and if that means PC, Wii U or even Apple, then it'll consider it.

"Everything else is up for consideration, that's all I can give you. The main thing is we are a third-party publisher. We?re not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft.

"We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple.

"Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff."

Would you like to see GTA V on Wii U, PC or even Apple devices? Let us know below.

Edited On 19 Nov, 2012

Comments
I would have thought PC was a given really, would be the first GTA not to be on PC if it wasn't. A Wii U version would be good, could use the pad to keep an eye on what the other 2 characters are doing when you aren't using them.
Please do not talk if you don't know what you're talking about. You are simply so wrong on so many levels. GTA V being on PC is not "given" and it would not be the first GTA to not be immidiately released on PC as you have wrongfully stated. GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV have all been released on Sony or Microsoft consoles first, with PC ports being released some time after. If they did the same with GTA V, that means they would all be in the same boat. To further point out your lack of knowledge, GTA Advance, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars never made it to PC either. Next time try using Google if you are new to GTA series.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
your knowledge of GTA is top notch.. but is there actually any need to be such a bell end towards somebody who has made a mistake.. said person might actually leave their bedroom once in a blue moon unlike some... obviously hand held versions wont be on PC so your point is not needed.. sort your attitude out mate
0000000000 4 years ago
I appreciate your white knight antics. You are right in the regard that I went overboard on the hostility department and I apologise for that. I would not agree with you that not leaving the bedroom is the only valid way of acquiring knowledge. Thing is that two of those four mentioned handheld versions were ported to PS2, thus forcing them to lose their handheld exclusivity. Why would it be so weird if they were ported to PC as well? To be completely honest with you, the poster made a mistake that could have easily been avoided by using Google for example. What I dislike is the fact that people try to present their "expertise" disguised as sort of a common sense, if you will. Acting knowledgeable about things you know nothing about and giving out false information with the sole purpose of making yourself look like you know what you're talking about is never a good thing. Hopefully I clarified my point of view to you and I frankly hope that you hold no grudges against me.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
Excuse me, but I didn't say all other GTA's were on PC at launch, just that they came to PC, which I was correct about. And I didn't include spin offs like LCS, VCS, and CTW because they aren't proper instalments in the series, just spin offs.
So basically, I was right, you were just being a dick.
I apologise and I stand corrected regarding you claiming that the aforementioned GTA games were on PC on launch day. You never explicitly stated so and you are right in that regard. That was my mistake for asuming wrong. On the other hand, LCS and VCS are not spinoffs. GTA Advance and Chinatown Wars can be considered spinoffs. LCS and VCS are proper installments in the series. Their story is canon and they are just as strong as any other GTA game. Only difference is that they were originally meant for PSP only. Nowhere in your post did you exclude certain games. Let me quote you: "... would be the first GTA not to be on PC..." Your statement is as false as they get. It's like saying that every bird can fly because you don't want to count or acknowledge birds that cannot fly. Go look on some wiki and read up on GTA universe as a whole to get an idea of what you are talking about. So basically you were wrong. I admitted that I reacted in a way that was not very nice, why can't you admit that you were wrong regarding information about GTA? Here is a link for you so you might learn something: http://gta.wikia.com/GTA_III_Era_Timeline and next time don't act so hostile if you plan on being wrong and making excuses for yourself. Once again, I am truly sorry for my initial post being rude and I hope you will see that your information was wrong as well and that you will learn from it, instead of trying to defend your false facts.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
i am sure not being a numbered title they are spin offs like the old gta london one was years ago even then that was on pc. gta and number 2 were initially pc releases
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
So according to you Kelly-Marie, Vice City and Sand Andreas were spin-offs? I don't think I , or almost anyone for that matter, would agree with that. There are so many games that are not numbered, yet they are proper parts of the series and are part of the chronology. The number after the title's name is not the sole indicator of whether the game or a movie is a proper installment or not. I mean, look at "Aliens", one of the best movies ever made (in my opinion) and it's not called "Alien 2", yet I can hardly consider it a spin-off. Same goes for numerous other gaming and movie titles.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
wasnt aliens the first movie though. and was part of the series with 1, 2 and 3. san andreas and vice city are just very good spinoffs. they use the gta 3 game engine, they didnt deliver anything new and groundbreaking like 4 did over 3 and like 3 did over 2.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie, I will be brief. Aliens was not the first movie. Use the following link and learn about Alien franchise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%28franchise%29 Also note that Vice City and San Andreas are by no means spin-offs. A change in game engine or the amount of breakthrough achieved does not measure if a game is a spin-off or not. I will not go into details now because I could write an essay but please do google GTA a bit. You cannot compare GTA4 to GTA3, you should compare GTA4 to San Andreas, and quite frankly I wouldn't even call it an improvement (apart from physics, graphics and few other things). Just use the internet and learn about something if you never bothered playing it in the first place.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
Rami 4 years ago
I think Rockstar doesn't give that much attention to PC gamers and that's what happened with GTA 4 which was released for PC after 8 months!! I don't know why the heck they don't like pc gamers? The game on a powerful pc would look amazing!! i hope Rockstar will realize that they are really really unfair with PC gamers!!!
mrmascal4's avatar
Rockstar doesn't really care about PC gamers because the cash cow is the consoles.
mrmascal4 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
I'm not really that hyped for GTA. However if it does come for the Wii U then I'll pick it up.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed III, Batman: Arkham City, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Bayonetta 2 and ZombiU; all these games are destined for Nintendo's baby - I think the Wii U will have an audience for GTA V.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I expected it to come out on PC, but on the Wii U ? bit odd if you ask me lol
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
I fully expect a PC version. Wii U would be a surprise. Would be interesting to see what they do with the touch screen.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
With the launch revelations about how underpowered (Much more than was expected) the Wii U has actually turned out to be, I would bet real money on never seeing this anywhere near Wii U.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Interesting that not long later Reggie made an announcement that he wants to see GTAV on the Wii U
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Seeing GTA on the WiiU would be great. Not least of all because if a powerhouse developer/publisher like Rockstar done it, many others would follow suit. I'd be interested to see how the WiiU handles the RAGE engine too.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
I didn't know that it wasn't confirmed on PC, this is news to me and makes my platform decision easier..
kwok007's avatar
kwok007 4 years ago
I'd like to see GTA on every available platform available, why not give everyone, regardless of what system they own a chance to play?
Because it's not an easy task to port a game on every platform. Some platform versions will lack in quality and/or quantity. That's just one of many reasons.
LIDIJA 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i agree with gloria gta is a pc game is it not so why should it not be on pc? dont know if it really belongs on the wii though
Barada's avatar
GTA V not belonging on Wii U? Not sure why you say this -because of its violent undertones? They're releasing adult-specific games on the platform from the off. Ninja Gaiden 3 is a full-on bloodbath!
Barada 4 years ago
i do wonder if nintendo will lose its way as it did with the gamecube. look at that, they won the exclusives for remake and zero of resident evil, but the console was a flop really. the wii had its target market clearer and despite it not selling as many as it was now it should design for that target market and let the adult consoles get on with it as they have this generation.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
GTA WAS a PC game. Now it's a console game. Hence it being ported poorly to PC.
LIDIJA 4 years ago