TreyArch adds Chaos Moshpit to Black Ops 2 following removal of Nuketown 2025

Treyarch has added the Chaos Moshpit bonus playlist to Black Ops 2, which it hopes will in some way make up for the removal of the Nuketown 2025 map yesterday.

This playlist is exclusive to owners of the Nuketown 2025 map, and includes small maps with a variety of game modes.

Game modes included in Chaos Moshpit include Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums, Standoff and Nuketown 2025 in the rotation.

Last night, the game's design director David Vonderhaar said via twitter "Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger," he wrote.

Obviously the Map was included as a pre-order bonus, so fans understandably where not happy, however at the time Vonderhaar added, "Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games."

The fact that the map is now back thanks to the Chaos Moshpit bonus will no doubt help make up for this slightly, although fans are still entitled to feel a little hard done by.

Edited On 20 Nov, 2012

Comments
Crunch70's avatar
Crunch70 4 years ago
It doesn't really make up for it when it came across as "it never closes" implies to me that it is 24/7 and the main reason I bought the game!! False advertising!!
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
Would it not get boring just playing the same map over and over again though?
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I absolutely could not stand Nuketown. It was bad in the last Black Ops and its still annoying/bad now >.<
Crunch70's avatar
It is a love it or hate it map I agree. Would just be nice to have the choice if you want to play it after they advertise it as never closes!
Crunch70 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I loved Nuketown. The problem was that everyone kept voting it in and I never got off of it. That wore it out for me. When I saw NukeTown 2025 24/7 as a standalone game option, I died a little inside!
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I prefer how it is now, i still get to play nuketown but get to do other maps too. Means its not being rammed down my throat.
-Shockle-'s avatar
-Shockle- 4 years ago
Its a sham, i would not of pre ordered were it not for nuketown i would of got it the same way i do all my games, so i feel cheated now i have less of a game than before. I think we should get the next DLC free or at a discounted price at least for having a part of our game cut out.
wonder wolf's avatar
wonder wolf 4 years ago
o well its back to the game that doesnt con for me batt 3
Datastatic's avatar
Not straitly true as I got the game and Premium for £70 which is shortly (if not already) to be around for £30. EA are definitely no saints when it comes to ripping off their fans.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Crunch70's avatar
Crunch70 4 years ago
Wonder Wolf I think alot of people are thinking like that at the moment, Shaun I feel the same as you tonight I am going to try the new Chaos Moshpit mode and see how it goes. I don't think I will be buying a season pass like I did with BF3 (I also rented a server for 3 months!) Perhaps COD could follow suit and then people can pick what maps/modes on their own servers? Plus they would get extra income on renting the servers and have the owners/modderators policing their own games. I feel it worked well on Battlefield 3.
Datastatic's avatar
It was a blast to rent servers on BF3, but when you look into it they removed all the dedicated EA servers so you were basically financing their multiplayer games. You know the games you needed an online pass to play. They games that stopped being moderated so you could basically cheat. Aww... he's better than me. Kick/ban.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Crunch70's avatar
Crunch70 4 years ago
Fair comment Datastatic, but I played BF3 last week and I was on EA servers? This was COD day of release as multiplayer on COD on day of release was filled with people with lag switches which made it very hard to play and very frustrating! A week on and you get the odd issue on COD but it does seem to be getting alot better.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I'm new to Black Ops series - only played a demo of the original, but I played my first foray of its Multiplayer for a short time, yesterday. Noticed on Carrier level, the map highlights your opponents, but they seemed to be 'now you see me, now you don't!". I couldn't really get a fix on them - was this an issue with lag? As with my experience with 'Killzone 2' - I find it difficult to distinguish who the enemies are with this style of manic gameplay - probably doesn't help I'm 40!