ShopTo.net

Cousins: DICE working on Mirror's Edge 2

Ben Cousins, general manager of ngmoco Sweden and former executive producer of the Battlefield, has tweeted to say that Mirror's Edge 2 is in development at DICE.

Obviously he no longer works at that particular studio, however Cousins said this morning that," It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE."

Mirror's Edge was originally released in 2008 and fans have been calling for a sequel ever since.

EA is yet to confirm or deny this rumour. It's also unknown as to whether Mirror's Edge would be for current or future consoles.

Edited On 21 Nov, 2012

Comments
It was always a no-brainer for EA to OK DICE to do mirrors edge 2. It's a guaranteed money spinner for EA, and it's been so heavily shouted for by the general public that even people that didn't buy, or didn't like ME1, will be picking it up.
troublemaker 2 years ago
sweet, i really enjoyed the first one although the graphics on the pc gave me headaches from time to time this was one of those you either love it or hate it game.
creed95 2 years ago
woo hoo is what I can say to that... I do hope its an improvement to number 1 which was actually brilliant don't get me wrong but could be a lot better!
0000000000 2 years ago
Woo-hoo indeed. Although I hope this time they leave the servers active a bit longer so users can still do time trials - I downloaded the original for Xbox360 not realising half the features wouldn't work anymore.
shiny miller 2 years ago
Maybe it's M$ closed servers, on PS3 online functionality is still working...
Hymeleon 2 years ago
would like to play the first one. i do have it but i dont remember the controls. with manuals shortening i can see this being even harder for me
Kelly-Marie 2 years ago
Very first level explains controls.
Hymeleon 2 years ago
I wouldn't worry anyway, I'd imagine that Mirrors Edge 2 will have totally revamped controls.
COP3Y DUNT 2 years ago
Still need to finish the first. Enjoyed what I played.
rjc 2 years ago
Just give us Mirrors Edge with a new story and location . We don't need any co-op or multiplayer modes. Thanks
HappyNoodleBoy 2 years ago
Give Solar Fields the ok for the soundtrack too
HappyNoodleBoy 2 years ago
I love mirror's edge. it's a different genre of game unlike any other. I hope this will truly come to pass
xdark-shiftx 2 years ago
hmmm never even played the first one as all i saw was a lot of running and nothing else,might have to look into this further if its that good and it be dirt cheap now,can we still buy it or has it gone to ground now.
rick75fowler 2 years ago
I played the first one but a glitch on one of the levels that was never fixed meant the game froze everytime you got to a certain point. The result was that I could never finish the game. From what I did play though, I just didn't get it. I didn't like the art style all that much and the story was boring. The gameplay mechanics were good, but they were also a bit hit and miss at times, especially during combat.
adwan 2 years ago
Mirror's Edge was such an underrated game. I loved the hell out of it. Beat it twice, once on 360 and once on PS3. It was that awesome. I hope this news is true. We need originality brought back into gaming.
Scatigno 2 years ago