Scribblenauts Unlimited arriving in 2013 for Wii U

Scribblenauts Unlimited won't arrive in Europe until 2013, despite it being a Wii U launch game in the US.

5th Cell tweeted via its twitter account that, "EU launch is not until 2013, unfortunately."

Elaborating over on NeoGAF, one of the developers of the game continued, "It's due to stuff I can't talk about until 2013. Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts were released NA and EU the same day. Trust me. I want your money. It's due to things outside of development."

Publisher Warner Bros was equally as sketchy when asked, simply saying, "Details about the European distribution of Scribblenauts Unlimited are coming soon."

This is one of the games we were looking forward to at launch, so it's a shame we won't see it until next year.

Edited On 22 Nov, 2012

Comments
Great game on the DS this was.
rjc 2 years ago
At this point it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo went 'nah. We are actually gonna release the Wii U next year too.' Honestly don't see why it's been delayed at all. Would be nice if they made up with it by giving EU some extra content but doubtful.
Robichoico 2 years ago
Although thinking about it. They gotta add the letter U to all those words to make them spelt correctly.
Robichoico 2 years ago
Thats a big shame. This,pikmin and rayman were the title I was excited for and now none of them are launch games
IAIN 2 years ago
I thought this was out already. Maybe its just america then. Loved the first one. Flawed but very original
Shnoorum 2 years ago
This is probably all a part of their staggering of first party releases strategy they spoke about last month. The Wii U launch line-up is pretty strong, and they know that most early adopters will probably only get one or two games with their consoles due to cost. Makes sense to then stagger releases from launch in to the new year to ensure there is a steady flow of releases. Nothing worse than releasing 40 games at launch and seeing loads of them with hardly any sales, especially for third party games, where good sales will mean more games being ported for the Wii U.
adwan 2 years ago
That's a shame, I was quite looking forward to that, , oh well, I'll have Mario, Nintendoland, Epic Mickey and Zombi U to keep me occupied for a while.
Gloria 2 years ago
Unfortunately this just gives me another reason not to pick up a Wii-U at launch. Other than New Super Mario Bros. U I was only hyped for this and Rayman Legends, and now they have both been pushed back to 2013 I think I will wait. Also it will give Nintendo to hopefully iron out the launch period kinks.
Scatigno 2 years ago
never played this but it does sound very interesting again for wii only don't help but i may be tempted when price comes down eventually
Kelly-Marie 2 years ago
Definitely give it a go, Kelly. Great concept.
rjc 2 years ago
Now confirmed as coming to PC as well, so the expensive Wii U version is a bit of a poor option at this point.
PrometheusFan 2 years ago