ShopTo.net

Resident Evil: Revelations to be released on HD consoles

Capcom is to port 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, according to a new Korean ratings board listing.

Revelations originally launched for 3DS in January and with the next Resident Evil game likely to be a long way away, Capcom is obviously taking the decision to release it's popular handheld game on HD consoles instead.

Expect Capcom to make a formal announcement on this soon.

Edited On 23 Nov, 2012

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 3 years ago
any news on a resident evil on the 360 is good news to me :D love it
I second that! I played revelations on the 3ds last year and really enjoyed it but the atmosphere will be far better if played on a big tv with surround sound! well done capcom! :)
IAIN 3 years ago
rjc's avatar
Not a bad idea.
rjc 3 years ago
0000000000's avatar
got my nice 51 inch tv on the wall now and my surround sound has been stuck in the loft by the wife :( but that will soon be changed lol.. looking forward to this if it happens!
0000000000 3 years ago
Barada's avatar
51-inch TV? Where do you watch that, from the end of the garden! ;)
Barada 3 years ago
0000000000's avatar
I could watch it from the garden in all fairness lol.. but the sofa is just as good :D
0000000000 3 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Its one of the better Resi games the past few years. SO what does the 3DS get back as an exclusive?
jordan 3 years ago
the 3ds will get another mario cookie cutter game or another n64 port :)
Was bound to happen sooner or later, good news for non 3DS owners though, it's a great game that deserves a wider audience.
Barada's avatar
Barada 3 years ago
They can do whatever they want, no Resident Evil game can beat Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube version). One of the few games I was willing to replay from start-to-finish. Even began a 3rd adventure some time ago; to reminisce that feeling of playing a true 10/10 game.
True, but I feel Revelations comes closer to 4 than any other they've made so far.
Kelly-Marie 3 years ago
is revelations more like number 4,5 and 6 if so doh. if like 1 2 and 3 though happy days. why dont they release 4 and cove veronika on disc whilst they are at it with it. i dont like digital downloads as much as well these are big files.
It's set somewhere between 4 and 5, and the gameplay is somewhere between those too. I would never have bought it if it had been one of those horrible clunky fixed camera ones ;)
they werent like my old zombies everyone must know by now i like my zombies
Kelly-Marie 3 years ago
Scatigno's avatar
Scatigno 3 years ago
Let's hope that if this news is true then Capcom make it a good port and not like the shoddy work they did on Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X when they brought them to the XBLA and PSN.
I thought the 360 version of RE4 was fine, a flawless port as far as I could see.
Scatigno's avatar
It was basically the PC version of the game. It was pretty much just upscaled to HD, and not a true HD port. I'm not saying it looked bad, but it didn't look great, it was just a quick cash-in. The game it's self is amazing, of course but as a port it was weak.
Scatigno 3 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 3 years ago
I've got Resident Evil 5 (PS3); in comparison to 4, I've hardly played it as much. Not sure why? I've never bought or played every Resi game, though. They usually have to be a standalone decent product before I part with the cash - the Resi name is almost irrelevant when buying the game.
Kelly-Marie 3 years ago
that is a shame i really do like the older ones better loved being chased by nemi in the clocktower on number 3 and who can forget number 2s police station gaming greats the first when the zombie turns its head was also good want zero and remake on ps3 now
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
Heard some great things about this one so it's welcome. Still wanting my resident evil 2/3 Remakes!!
yes please to that
Kelly-Marie 3 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 3 years ago
Had this game on my 3DS and loved it. More then happy to buy it again on the Xbox 360 :D
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 3 years ago
The first 2 Resident Evils were the best but I love any Resi game that comes out even if these day's it's taken a different angle,still love blasting up some zombies so would look forward to this.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 3 years ago
YES! - the best news ever for this franchise! I found this one of the most exciting Resi games of late. I loved it! And I think it only being on the 3DS kinda shot themselves in the foot. Cannot wait :D