Nintendo TVii confirmed for Europe

Nintendo's TVii service launches in the US and Canada in December, and today it has been confirmed that it will arrive in Europe in 2013.

The video streaming allows users to stream videos while using the GamePad to browse the TV guide and use other features.

There are no details as to what type of content Europe will?receive, but it's nice to know that we are not being left out.

The Wii U launches in the UK later this week. You can pre-order your console below while stocks last.?

Edited On 26 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Sweet. We got screwed out of Netflix for the 3DS so it'll be nice to see this. Although I'm not sure what exactly this is. Sounds like a Youtube type thing?
its just a streaming services and a intelligent tv remote... you will get youtube, netflix and hulu etc.... it be sweet i think it be a mixture of paid and free service.
Gurminder 4 years ago
As long as it's free it's all good. Mind you, saying that, Crackle on the 360 was pretty bad.
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
Another feature that makes a damn good console offering even better. ^_^
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Outside of actual gaming; everything these consoles give us is extra fluff - i.e not needed. These add-ons are usually superfluous and 'one-try' wonders - do Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo really think we are going to switch on the machines to do anything but game?
I watch movies/TV on mine, just easier to watch it on a TV screen than sitting at a computer.
Robichoico's avatar
My PS3 is mainly a DVD/Blu-Ray player actually.
Robichoico 4 years ago
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Barada, consoles are multi media devices. Not everyone fancies playing games all the time, so they'll like to take advantage of other content. I like to watch HD content through my PS3.
Barada's avatar
You should work for Sony's marketing campaigns! ;) Yes, I've tried youtube, BBC iPlayer and NBA.TV as well. I'm not saying it's all bad, but I'm from an era where gaming was gaming - all the other stuff isn't a requirement. You ask one device to be a jack-of-trades and master of none.
Barada 4 years ago
Greigyboii's avatar
I said it before, and related to your post. i agree with you! People place themselves more important than they actually are to game companies. They don't really care about the fans, they are at the core a business who want to make money. Adding home entertainment other than gaming to the modern consoles was the best thing they ever did. Sales sky rocketed, and that was the intention. It will be here to stay, and good for it! I love using my one console for everything!
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I'm I the only one who doesn't care about this stuff
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
One of the things that most interests me about the WiiU is its connected media strategy. I am not sure if that is a good thing though, when I couldnt care less about the vast majority of the games.
Dovey's avatar
Dovey 4 years ago
Nintendo are still hanging and fighting with the big boys of microsoft and sony! I love how with a lower budget they seem to keep coming back and rivaling everyone with the qbility to brighten up the technological world. There fun approach to evrything means it can only make people smile. This new addition of the TVii shows they are big players in the market now and will compete with heavy european tv services if all goes to plan. I hope it does!