Tomb Raider to have 12-15 hour campaign

Tomb Raider's campaign will have a lengthy campaign according to Crystal Dynamics Global Brand Director, Karl Stewart.

Speaking over on the official Tomb Raider Twitter, Stewart answered questions about the game, revealing that the campaign will last around "12-15 hours depending on your play style," as well as revealing that a "sequel is planning if the game is successful."

Tomb Raider is set to launch in March next year. We're kind of looking forward to it.

Thanks, CVG.

Edited On 26 Nov, 2012

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Really looking forward to this one next year.
I'm keeping a eye on this one
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
This games looks awesome. I hope that it lives up to the expectations.
SafaV4's avatar
SafaV4 4 years ago
Story is truly going to feel like 6 movies in one! Deluxe Collector’s Edition is awesome with the 6” Play Arts Kai Lara Croft figurine :P
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
that is good news not many games these days have long single player games,i bet if you put it on very hard it will last a lot longer than 15 hours,it also looks really stunning as well,seems a lot more detail has gone into this one looking forward to it.
dazzadavie's avatar
dazzadavie 4 years ago
The first Tomb Raider in many many years that I'm kinda interested in
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
This doesn't have multiplayer attached does it, hoping to build-up an online core of players? 12-15 hours is being honest I guess. When they say 'your play-style', I suppose they mean if you're a run-and-gun or defensive and deliberate. I'm cynical now of any game justifying its length as it usually means it could be leaning towards a multiplayer medium rather than do justice to the franchise. Trailers have been intriguing, though.
creed95's avatar
creed95 4 years ago
i hope that they mean 12-15 hours on easy. i know you shouldn't really start a game on easy but a lot of people still do. they will eventually complete it in 7-10 hours and then go on to complain on how short the story was.
Barada's avatar
I batter myself by starting all games on 'normal' or whatever the games default setting is. Many games kick my butt (being 40 doesn't help) straight away but I've always steered myself away from the realm of 'easy' - even as I grow up! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
Seems about the right length of time, not to short and not to long winded at the same time. I just hope it has plenty of replay value once the campaign is done, I'm sure there will be plenty of hidden treasures to find.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm not sure. When a publisher says 10-15 hours, it usually means around 6-8. And for a story based game that seems quite short. I'm not sure about the replayability value for the title either. I hate saying , it about this franchise, but I may just have to rent it
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
this looks amazing cannot wait! i played all the ps2 ones and they were good but it was time for a sprucing up considering how much i didnt like underworld hope it dont let me down
rjc's avatar
rjc 4 years ago
Decent length. Shame Lara can't swim in this game for some reason.
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
Couldn't believe how good the trailer looked, This and the last of us are the main games im after next year however 12-15 hours is somewhat short, hoping there will be optional routes, collectables etc to make you want to playthrough more than once
hallben's avatar
hallben 4 years ago
This certainly looks interesting and the buzz from journos who have played it has been very positive if guarded as they are all under embargo.
Aimee 4 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks this is rediculously short?
Percy's avatar
No, Aimee - I totally agree. What happened to the epic TR adventures where you wandered about feeling completely immersed in a realistic environment? I was expecting RPG proportion gameplay but then even RPGs aren't what they used to be... I was certainly expecting 20+ hours for this as I can finish Underworld in about 9 hours and that's way too short!
Percy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
15 hours these days is a long game. i reckonmost campaigns are roughly about 5 hours now (COD)
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
CoD has multiplayer and co-op, as do most games these days. So a short campaign with plenty of multiplayer isn't bad.
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Greigyboii's avatar
I would say this is alright in length for the single player campaign - Dishonored was terribly short (about 7 hours for me) and had no multiplayer to give me more time with it :(
Greigyboii 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I have played this a few times and can pretty much guarantee its going to be great. its finished now and all they are basically doing is tweaking it for a bit. 15 hours sounds about right to me.
Dovey's avatar
Dovey 4 years ago
Very happy because we need more in depth campaigns such as skyrim, assassins creed, and also far cry because they really involve the player and their own style of going about when doing things. Its much better than the linear style of all the fps now a days.this will keep me busy for a while then and will certainly buy from shopto
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Looking forward to giving this a go, glad it comes out next year as that gives me time to finish up on some of the games this year that i have still yet to finish.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
I cant wait for this ive been waiting so long was due out now but got put back to march I was gutted :( roll on march and I cant wait!!!
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Hope this games gonna be decent as been lookin forwrd to it for a while now let's hope it will live upto my expectations lol.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
12-15 hours for an sp only game is sad. What will be sadder is people will buy this for £35+ despite the piss poor length. I wont be surprised if this ends up £20 just a few weeks after release
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
since i had my son i like short games i only had 20 mins on forza yesterday :) but i am really looking forward to this game.
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
Decent campaign length is decent. Don't think people can really complain about the length, to be honest. You don't want your action-adventure titles to be too long.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
Not bad, not bad! That seems like it will be a decent campaign! I hope they aren't adding some sort of half-assed multiplayer section to this game. it wouldn't need it, but that's something that developers seem to throw in for the hell of it. Dishonored made me proud by having only single player campaign - though at that, it was a little lacking :P
commissio's avatar
commissio 4 years ago
Looks good in the demo so far.
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Looking good, decent, if not average story length, might have to give this one a go!
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Don't worry, adventure games like Uncharted (PS3) got raved about upon release, and the running time only clocked about 7 1/2 - 8 hours if I remember correctly (just played it this year!). A decent experience if over too quickly. Have the sequel still to play through - hope it's longer?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Have the Trilogy and love them all. I hope they haven't changed the sort of game it is just improved combat and the graphics. I feel for a Tomb Raider that is a good length. I have spent many hours on all of these as I'm not a quick player and longer could ruin the experience. Now who hasn't got stuck on Frances Folly?
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
i am stoked for this game!!!! enough said