PS4 Slim Console Black 500GB

Black Ops 2 'lost progress' fix incoming

Treyarch has confirmed that it's preparing a fix for reports of lost progress in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

"Since this morning's backend update, we've been made aware of leaderboard issues that some are having we're looking into it, stand by," the developer said on Twitter (via VG247), "Currently working through server side issues re leaderboards. They'll be re-enabled as soon as we've fixed the issue. Stand by."

Players have been complaining of play time, prestige rank, KDR and other stats being reset, so news of a fix will no doubt please those who have been experiencing these issues.

Edited On 27 Nov, 2012

Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
When they say "leaderboard issues", do they mean they cheats that have been plaguing the top of the leaderboards on CoD games for years? Because this has been a long serving issue, that seriously needs fixing, the genuinely good players should be up there, not those that cheat with studiedly unrealistic stats.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I am glad I haven't played the game in a while actually - I wouldn't want to lose progress :O I always wonder why a game is release with such bugs - I understand the odd bug here and there, but ones that affect the core game are unacceptable!
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
well least they are sorting it all out,im getting it for crimbo so hopefully this game will be fixed and i can enjoy running around like a headless chicken
Barada's avatar
'Headless chicken'? That's me in this game as well. I can only play it in small doses before the multiplayer: shoot, shoot, kill, die..repeat over, starts to annnoy me! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
They can lose my K/D stats if they want; I don't stack up well to the reactions of blood-thirsty teenagers!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Guys what you want to do to improve us get the Shotgun on the go and walk slowly aiming down your sights ok you might die a lot by the knife but anyone zooming round the corner can be picked off with ease :). I was completely useless with the machine gun and it just doesn't work. I can't imagine playing with the Sniper rifle either!