Xbox 360 system update released

A system update for the Xbox 360 has been released over Xbox LIVE.

Starting today when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you'll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out and asked to accept the update and you'll be back online in a few moments.

This latest update corrects some issues such as displaying the incorrect playlist name when launching a playlist from Xbox SmartGlass to the console, an error with Xbox Video closed-captioning and an error with Xbox Music that some were experiencing.

Edited On 27 Nov, 2012

Comments
GAZZAAAAAAAAA's avatar
GAZZAAAAAAAAA 4 years ago
Cheers for the heads up I'll turn the Xbox on the now incase this is a longish update as the misssus will crack up later if she goes to watch Netflix on it and it needs to update first lol.
Solidus 5nake's avatar
Solidus 5nake 4 years ago
I've noticed the error message a couple of times when I'm playing music through my xbox, thanks for the info :)
I enjoy getting signed out with I am playing Dark Souls. The feeling is truly magical.
SafaV4's avatar
lol these automatic sign-outs for mandatory Xbox system software updates while you're in the middle of something, like playing campaign story/online multiplayer needs to be fixed! In future, hope for it to never happen.
SafaV4 4 years ago
ZdravkoN's avatar
I enjoy when my gamepad runs out of battery while playing Dark Souls. Especially in a middle of a fight.
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
I know they could have a msg pop up saying a mandatory system update is available then give you 20min to update then sign you out. ZdravkoN you would not believe how many times that has happened to me lol
LFC Bywater's avatar
SaiyanNox i have been really tempted to get Dark souls but have never got round to it, i love RPG's so was wondering if you though it would be worth a purchase?
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC I would say give it a go. Keep in mind its not for everyone but as long as you take it slow and steady you will have success. Also concerning the difficulty it's only as hard as you make it. Dark Souls is by no means as unforgiving as Demon Souls despite what people say. Last things: When you Die & you will Die don't get dispirited, Keep the Wiki on hand, And if you are still having trouble watch some off EpicNameBro's Videos on Youtube Primarily the first few Episodes of Dark Days. (The beginners tips Marcus mentions are invaluable) Any other questions feel free to ask.
Greigyboii's avatar
Greigyboii 4 years ago
I am awaiting an update on Android for SmartGlass which would allow me to use SmartGlass with Halo 4 ... (and actually support Nexus 7 :P).
ZdravkoN's avatar
Just find the smartglass apk on the web. It works great on my Nexus 7 ;)
ZdravkoN 4 years ago
Greigyboii's avatar
I did that, and got it working, but they really should still support the Nexus 7. Surely that was the point in SmartGlass, all current devices being usable? :P The Halo 4 feature is only available for WinPhone8 and iOS currently apparently - sucks!
Greigyboii 4 years ago
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
well it wont work for my wp7 phone as its only on the new models which is a bit of a kick in the whats its!!! but thanks for the heads up on the update anyway
commissio's avatar
commissio 4 years ago
Tiny Update, nothing major, still good to keep up to date :)
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Only took me about 5 minutes to download which isn't bad. I literally use none of the services it was updating so the update means nothing to me.
dazzadavie's avatar
dazzadavie 4 years ago
Anyone used Smart Glass for anything useful? I used to as a controller for media center but switched back to the pad after a few mins.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I always 'enjoy' the anticipation of updates downloading; hoping beyond all else the machine will reboot up successfully each and every time!
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 4 years ago
Took me about 5 seconds to update, took my friend an hour. I don't know anyone who uses Xbox Music or Video